Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the new GranTourismo at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood this year, and that was it I had to have one. I have placed an order and delivery is expected next April - impulsive moi; never! ;)

This will be the first Maserati that I have owned, though I have owned many other makes of high-performance cars, and I will continue to keep my Morgan Aero 8 - Series III.

I think that all for now, though I do look forward to being a member of this forum and would appreciate any advice on speccing my car from more experienced Maserati owners. :D

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Welcome to the site. A Morgan Aero 8 is awesome! Keep that for life. I use to drive an '84 +8 regularly and it was a very fun car, one of my favorites.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Andrew and Big Foot, I have owned Plus 8's in the past but now on my third Aero 8; a Series III. I hope that nobody minds if I post a gratuitous photo on the day I picked it up in May 2007:

However, I'm really looking forward to getting the Granturismo which will be my first Maserati.

BR Brian

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Brian,

Stunning color. The plus 8 I drove was traditional British racing green. I've never seen this color on a Morgan.

Looking forward to seeing your Granturismo when you get it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome Aeroman,

re: options on the new Gran Tourismo; if you like silver variants then my Quattroporte looked awesome in Grigio Nuvolari which is like silver with a small hint of bronze. However, I saw the GT at the launch in Leeds in a dark metallic blue which really suited the car. Just seen another one at the classic motor show in Birmingham and it didn't have quite the same impact in a standard silver colour.

As for other options, Maseratis are usually pretty well appointed as standard but I'm sure you'll be kept busy with leather and carpets, paint etc etc. When it comes to wheels just remember, the bigger they get the better they look but that can effect handling and ride with greater unsprung weight and reciprocating mass.

look forward to seeing it. Lucky s*d! ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice car Brian. Out of interest, is the plate real? Have you ever had any problems with the police re the spacing?

Cheers
Woody

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Woody, the plate is real. I bought it over the phone at a DVLA auction, it was not frightfully expensive. :) Not too much demand for Mog plates it seems.

The Dealer prepared the number plate with the slightly illegal spacing off his own bat, but so far I've had no issues with the Police though at a recent Tunnel Runners meet in London one of the members (a traffic Policeman) said they were clamping down on illegal number plates like this. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Aeroman,

re: options on the new Gran Tourismo; if you like silver variants then my Quattroporte looked awesome in Grigio Nuvolari which is like silver with a small hint of bronze. However, I saw the GT at the launch in Leeds in a dark metallic blue which really suited the car. Just seen another one at the classic motor show in Birmingham and it didn't have quite the same impact in a standard silver colour.

As for other options, Maseratis are usually pretty well appointed as standard but I'm sure you'll be kept busy with leather and carpets, paint etc etc. When it comes to wheels just remember, the bigger they get the better they look but that can effect handling and ride with greater unsprung weight and reciprocating mass.

Look forward to seeing it. Lucky s*d! ;)
Sorry Coops, as I said on the last post I have been busy work-wise and neglecting the more important things in life. :D

However, I have had time to spec the GT and have chosen Nero Carbonio with Cuoio interior. I nearly choose your colour, but decided that as I hadn't had a black car for some time to go that way. I also saw the silver car at the NEC and didn't think that it did the car any favours. I do prefer it in the darker colours. Incidentally, did you see my Aero 8 on the adjacent Morgan stand? ;)

I have specified the 20" Birdcage wheels and apart from those and Skyhook, it's all fairly normal stuff. Though just writing about it is getting me quite excited.

Cheers
Brian:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Coupe or Gransport in Bracknell?

I saw one or the other last week, in the dark, probably in the rain, in Bracknell. Couldn't tell the color. Belong to anyone here?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes Woody, the plate is real. I bought it over the phone at a DVLA auction, it was not frightfully expensive. :) Not too much demand for Mog plates it seems.

The Dealer prepared the number plate with the slightly illegal spacing off his own bat, but so far I've had no issues with the Police though at a recent Tunnel Runners meet in London one of the members (a traffic Policeman) said they were clamping down on illegal number plates like this. ;)
While I'm all for the police sorting out the plates that are blatantly messed about with, I think there's a strong argument for leaving plates that are easier to read. I.e. if someone wanted to remember your plate, it would be easier to remeber Morgan than MOR 54N, CLASSY is easier to remember then C14 SSY

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree Woody, but the BiB may not take the same view. :confused:

Anyway, so far no problems so I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts