Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Narrowing down on a couple of '05 QPs pretty well loaded with 6-8k miles and px @ $86-89k. Clean history and service etc. Thoughts on that price range? Did search but unclear if OBDI readout can determine clutch % remaining - can it tell that? Other current thoughts on things to evaluate before I decide? (I HAVE done extensive searches but any thoughts given current market and conditions appreciated). I would like to apply (have applied, rather) the 3M clear bra to the front. What would your thoughts be on how much to do? Just front nose and mirrors. Hood seems pretty flat vs say a Gallardo and maybe not as susceptible to rock chips from following a vehicle.

Going to replace '01 P 996 C4 Tip (to be "for sale") with four door Italian passion, plus everything else I have is two doors already.. looking forward to being a more active Forum member...

;-)

Cheers and many thanks..

Chris

·
Registered
133 Posts
Chris:

Congrats on your decision to buy a QP! The price range seems to be ok. You shouldn't have any issues with the clutch with that milage. I talked to my service tech the other day and he said that my clutch is about 15 % worn (85 % left.). My QP has 6300 miles on it and I drive about 1000 to 1200 miles per month. The tech sees QP's comming in needing a new clutch from about 20 K to 30 K, depending on usage. I use mine mostly highway, limited city.

Are you buying from private or a dealer? I deem it important to know the "history" of a QP and the way ot was operated. If it was owned and driven by another enthusiast and he has mantained the car the way it should have been mantained - go for it! Let us know when you pull the trigger. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Chris, I'll send a PM with details, but we have several cars in your price \ mileage range. Check out my website, and you can either contact me via email or on here. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have, and we can even arrange to hookup the computer to the ECU and get a clutch readout on a particular car if it is of concern.

- Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I decided on a car. It is an '05 with 3k miles, in service 6/05, mahogony wood, sticker showing the following:

Alcantara (1,400)
CD Changer (600)
Comfort Pack front (4,185)
Executive Package (5,400)
Fr/Rr Park sensors (1,295) - I'da not gotten fronts-looks weird, oh well
Piping (270)
Sport Package USA (4,500)
Stitching (225)
Power Sunroof (1,600)
Wood Leather Steering wheel (1,175) eeek!
Wooden Pull Down Tables (1,940) 2x eeek!
Int trimming (380 - different dash top/door caps)

Total original sticker was $129,820.

It will be a few weeks before delivery at which time I'll post pics but I am pretty stoked to have gotten this and had a great experience in accomplishing the purchase, with thanks to Roy Cats. More when everything is in my own garage. Thanks for the posts in response to my original.

Chers...Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Argento Luna w/Cuoio...a little out of the grey/black mold which also looks great. I'm surprised there aren't more Argento Luna cars out there. All personal but I think it is an elegant color that is particularly eyecatching..

CC

·
Registered
191 Posts
seal2cc said:
Argento Luna w/Cuoio...a little out of the grey/black mold which also looks great. I'm surprised there aren't more Argento Luna cars out there. All personal but I think it is an elegant color that is particularly eyecatching..

CC
Hey! Argento Luna is the r0x0rs! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts