Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I had Kent at Universal Automotive in Glen Clove install Jeff's DBW in my 04 Spyder. All I can say is wowwww. Jeff, you got this thing right. The car feels...unleashed. Step on the pedal hard and you can burn rubber, back off just a bit and the car just comes alive. Even without sport mode, the roar from the engine, the feel of your head being pressed back against the seat is fantastic. The pedal is totally remapped. All the power feels like it's in the beginning of the throw yet keep pushing down and the car keeps going. It's like the Ferrari under the hood was let out to play.
I spent a day at teh track without this recently. Going to Pocono next week and can't wait to truly unleash this beast.
BYW, I can't recommend Kent and his shop highly enough! Not only were they professional and extremely knowledgeable, but the place is a playground for exotic toys. Enough Ferrari's and Maseratis to make you drool, then upstairs in the showroom a Koenigsegg CCRX, old US muscle cars, exotic bikes! I was like a pig in sh-t.
Also he showed me what my next upgrade will be-the FD springs. He took ne out in another Mas that had the springs and DBW installed. What a difference in the ride-totally solid and predictable but not harsh. Very impressive.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Mensch - sounds awesome. Can't wait to catch up with you and others at Pocono. I'll be there with mine as well running on Sun/Mon

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds very impressive. I've been skeptical about the DBW as I have a manual. However, I'm beginning to think it may be a worthy upgrade. Which Maserati did you go out in with Kent?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went out in an 04 coupe-stick. I really wasn't paying attention to the DBW as I was trying to get the feel of the springs, but it was awesome nonetheless.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ha, my car. You got to sample the springs before I did.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't fault Kent-I pushed. Beautiful car btw. Like the spacers too. Rides like a dream.

You'll love the new radio nav screen I'm doing. checked out my other thread on this if you're interested. Search "custom radio/nav screen"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts