Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving 124 mph in Maserati, actor Thomas Jane arrested on suspicion of DUI

BUTTONWILLOW - Actor Thomas Jane is facing drunken driving charges after being pulled over in his Maserati in Kern County.
The California Highway Patrol says Jane was pulled over on Interstate 5 near Buttonwillow around 2:43 a.m. Monday and arrested on suspicion of DUI.

The CHP says he was driving his black 2008 Maserati at 124 mph when he was stopped.

The star of "The Punisher" and "The Mist" was described as cooperative and underwent field sobriety tests and a blood test at Kern Medical Center.

The 39-year-old Jane was booked into the downtown jail and later released.

Information from: The Bakersfield Californian.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 124mph on I-5, he was just going with traffic flow.
My I-5 tips: Put the car's top down and look up for aircraft, and slow down a mile before each overpass.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yah.... Used to have some property near Lake Isabella (Keysville). The CHP patrol via aircraft and clock you visablly. Not even our beloved V1 can help.

Not hard to do 100 on I-5....

·
Registered
227 Posts
same deal on the 241 Toll Road I take into S. Orange County occasionally. They got me at 102. (I'm sure I hit 120 along that road that day easy) Fought it as a speed trap and lost. CHP says they time the aircraft and pace the car to get around the speed trap law. FWIW I did get to see their log for the day through evidence discovery. They only wrote tickets for over 80. (speed limit 65)

·
Registered
191 Posts
does valentine radar detect work ??

also.. I am not digging the wire draped across the windshield.... or to the lighter... AND I looked into the expensive one (name excapes me) that is built in to bumpers etc... for like $2k... and I have been told that IT DOES NOT WORK... ..

any insight ?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The V1 really does work. I hard wired it into the car in less than 15 minutes... So there are no wires or anything... Looks great!

·
Registered
191 Posts
one more thing MASER BOY

where is the unit ultimately mounted.... on dash or on visor ?

without spending to many words... can you give me an idea how it is hardwired.... ? from where to where... and do you have to make holes in the car ??

thanks
non mechanic in NJ

·
Registered
455 Posts
5 or the 101, just have to slow down until you are out of kern and san luis obsipo.

They not only hide by overpasses, but also sit on the right side of the road at key spots so your right on top of them before you know their present.

·
Registered
111 Posts
K-40 system is permanently installed in the car and all you see is two LED's in the dash. Totally blue tooth with no drilling of holes in the firewall. The system even has a laser defuser option that really works...

·
Registered
191 Posts
sounds good.. (the k 40 )

I heard it is about 2k.. installed.. which I don't mind IF IT WORKS.... hearing mixed reviews....

shame that the V1 can't be installed in as stealthy a way as the k40.... with no big black box ... even the arrow / light receiver unit is to clunky for me........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts