Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GranTurismo last year from a certified Maserati/Ferrari dealer. It's a pre-owned vehicle and I'm now coming up on the first calendar year of ownership. So far, there has been no service light, however as it's been a year, I decided to review the service manual. I read the owners/service manual, and it states the car needs to be serviced every 2 years or 12,500 miles. I assumed the oil would at least need to be changed annually. I'm nowhere near 12,500 miles. I believe I put on 2,500 at most. I called a certified dealer and they said the car requires annual maintenance. They perform the following :

• Oil Change
  • Pollen Filter Change
  • Break Fluid Change
  • Fuel Injection Service

My Questions :
1. Is that really all it is?
2. Does anyone know what the fuel injection service entails?
3. I'm pretty good under the hood. If I was to do let's say the Oil Filter & Pollen Filter myself, how frowned upon would this be to the dealer? Does it impact level of service or voiding anything? Does price drop significantly?

As it's my first ever service (and post on here!) I appreciate any and all answers/advice. I have no issue with paying for a service as long as it's justified. I feel like I'm in the dark so I'm looking for more clarity, guidance and specifics on what is done. Hope everyone is staying safe & Thanks!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Usually a yearly service is good, even if you're not driving often. 2500 miles isn't much. The benefit of a yearly service is also that it's a good time for an inspection to see what's actually going on under the hood. If you service every 2 years, that's a long time without knowing about anything going on, or waiting/relying on electronics to tell you when there's an actual problem...

As long as you buy the correct parts and use the correct oil, the dealer won't be any wiser. If anything, they have no idea you didn't get it professional done at a valid independent shop.

Genuine Maserati Oil Filter Part #289571

There's a ton of info on this forum for those willing to grab a wrench. Specifically doing major services: $2000.00 Dealer Major service, DIY for only $500

Formula Dynamics offers full oil/belt/filter kits.

To get a general idea of what's required, take a look at the slightly overzealous service schedule: Maserati GranTurismo Service Schedule - Raleigh NC

5,110 Posts
Change the oil, replace the pollen filter, and change the brake fluid..You don't need any fuel injection service of any kind....Just keep your receipts for documentation...You can't void a warranty because an owner does his own work...You won't be able to reset the service indicator without some kind of scan tool device...Jason

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I purchased a GranTurismo last year from a certified Maserati/Ferrari dealer. It's a pre-owned vehicle and I'm now coming up on the first calendar year of ownership. So far, there has been no service light, however as it's been a year, I decided to review the service manual. I read the owners/service manual, and it states the car needs to be serviced every 2 years or 12,500 miles. I assumed the oil would at least need to be changed annually. I'm nowhere near 12,500 miles. I believe I put on 2,500 at most. I called a certified dealer and they said the car requires annual maintenance. They perform the following :

• Oil Change
  • Pollen Filter Change
  • Break Fluid Change
  • Fuel Injection Service
My Questions :
1. Is that really all it is?
2. Does anyone know what the fuel injection service entails?
3. I'm pretty good under the hood. If I was to do let's say the Oil Filter & Pollen Filter myself, how frowned upon would this be to the dealer? Does it impact level of service or voiding anything? Does price drop significantly?

As it's my first ever service (and post on here!) I appreciate any and all answers/advice. I have no issue with paying for a service as long as it's justified. I feel like I'm in the dark so I'm looking for more clarity, guidance and specifics on what is done. Hope everyone is staying safe & Thanks!!
I just completed the major service video for the Granturismo, overall was very easy. I have not heard or read anything about the fuel injection service so if anyone wants to chime in on that.

5,110 Posts
No, they pull the fuel pump relay and hook a device or machine to the car at let it run a few minutes on a fluid...Modern gasoline has plenty of additives and stuff like this is generally not needed...Especially if the car is not direct injected....These are not...Jason

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Usually a yearly service is good, even if you're not driving often. 2500 miles isn't much. The benefit of a yearly service is also that it's a good time for an inspection to see what's actually going on under the hood. If you service every 2 years, that's a long time without knowing about anything going on, or waiting/relying on electronics to tell you when there's an actual problem...

As long as you buy the correct parts and use the correct oil, the dealer won't be any wiser. If anything, they have no idea you didn't get it professional done at a valid independent shop.

Genuine Maserati Oil Filter Part #289571

There's a ton of info on this forum for those willing to grab a wrench. Specifically doing major services: $2000.00 Dealer Major service, DIY for only $500

Formula Dynamics offers full oil/belt/filter kits.

To get a general idea of what's required, take a look at the slightly overzealous service schedule: Maserati GranTurismo Service Schedule - Raleigh NC
Thank you so much for your insight. This is extremely helpful!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Change the oil, replace the pollen filter, and change the brake fluid..You don't need any fuel injection service of any kind....Just keep your receipts for documentation...You can't void a warranty because an owner does his own work...You won't be able to reset the service indicator without some kind of scan tool device...Jason
Something they do to make money...Not needed...Jason
Jason, Thank you for this & your previous post of knowledge. This is definitely helpful. Really appreciate you reaching out!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, Thank you for reaching out & showing the love. I've been apart of this community since purchase but I was so busy enjoying the car that I never had a chance to check in. It's a breath of fresh air and a great feeling to see mutual owners and enthusiasts looking out. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts