Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a leap and installed this unit... I had to put the old head unit in the trunk but it was all plug and play and kept the stock Bose speakers. Let me know if you have questions. 5CCC1874-64BF-4D64-9147-A2403C7DED4A.jpeg
5CCC1874-64BF-4D64-9147-A2403C7DED4A.jpeg A1202A8B-EA6D-41A2-82CE-C93EF8BFF713.jpeg 1E13AC52-9751-43E9-AA55-9309BF5AD253.jpeg 4723D703-AFC6-4E62-BD97-2A4C92C69C70.jpeg 5EE1E106-078B-4D9D-8A07-CF516703759D.jpeg 55FD5154-14D2-453A-975E-D4C8DC6149CD.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its connects to your phone either bluetooth for carplay or your phone wifi. Feels weird to touch the screen but its like having your phone in the dash....

I bought it here:

I took it to my local car audio shop (in fairfax,va) and 4 hours later it was in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much? Equip then the install?
The unit was $999. High if you ask me but I didnt like the look of aftermarket. Install was $400. Yea, kinda high but it was all worth it. Its android 7.1 so you can install what ever apps you like...

Steering wheel buttons work as well. Everything thing was in the box.

·
Registered
476 Posts
"I had to put the old head unit in the trunk," what exactly does this mean???
And thanks, it looks NICE AF!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I had to put the old head unit in the trunk," what exactly does this mean???
And thanks, it looks NICE AF!!!
The android unit comes with custom cables to plug into the current GT wiring because you have to leave the OEM unit (just the DIN) connected to the car for the instrument cluster so they secured the old unit hidden in the trunk behind the padding.

The company made all the cables to match GT OEM connections. Including backup camera connection. You would be surprised how much better the OEM Bose system sounds with this unit. Didnt have to cut the car up or modify it.... All plug and play...

Use can use android auto app as well. It mirrors with an iphone...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would you be so kind to create a video going over how the system works, various functions, etc.? It'd be awesome to actually see how everything flows to get a better idea of usability.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The android unit comes with custom cables to plug into the current GT wiring because you have to leave the OEM unit (just the DIN) connected to the car for the instrument cluster so they secured the old unit hidden in the trunk behind the padding.

The company made all the cables to match GT OEM connections. Including backup camera connection. You would be surprised how much better the OEM Bose system sounds with this unit. Didnt have to cut the car up or modify it.... All plug and play...

Use can use android auto app as well. It mirrors with an iphone...
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation! Makes sense to me now. I'm seriously thinking about copping this joint!!!! :p
The 1k would be worth it to me to just be able to use a decent navigation, like Google Maps!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation! Makes sense to me now. I'm seriously thinking about copping this joint!!!! :p
The 1k would be worth it to me to just be able to use a decent navigation, like Google Maps!
You can download netflix or any app that you can get on google play. Its just like a tablet... Im using a car launcher app called carwebguru from google play. The youtube video is accurate. Thats the standard interface out of the box...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can download netflix or any app that you can get on google play. Its just like a tablet... Im using a car launcher app called carwebguru from google play. The youtube video is accurate. Thats the standard interface out of the box...
It also comes with carplay dongle and two USB cable connections. Dongle needs to connect to one of the two for carplay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would you be so kind to create a video going over how the system works, various functions, etc.? It'd be awesome to actually see how everything flows to get a better idea of usability.
I posted a video of the unit in my GT on my profile page.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It supports wireless Apple CarPlay?? What happens when you turn on the ignition, does CarPlay connect automatically?
I’m still trying to figure out if wireless carplay is supported. Its android 7.1 OS. The unit comes with a white dongle that you connect to one of the usb’s and carplay interface pops up.

it boots up and connects to your phone in 90 seconds.

I will say this...

Running apps directly on the unit such as Pandora and google maps work faster and sound 100% louder and clear than using pandora over carplay (bluetooth).

Carplay is just mirroring and the quality is basic. I use the launcher app carwebguru so I can flip over to carplay just to answer my iphone or make a call or text. I run all my apps straight on the unit like pandora, radio app etc...

It has all the voice commands...

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is one of the best I have seen and all plug and play! Could you post a picture of the OEM Radio installed in the trunk, Did this come with all the install instructions? Thanks so much

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is one of the best I have seen and all plug and play! Could you post a picture of the OEM Radio installed in the trunk, Did this come with all the install instructions? Thanks so much

Its sitting right over the RIGHT REAR WHEEL WELL. That cable you see runs up the center console and plugs into the android unit. NO WIRES TO CUT... Female to plugs all made to support the current GT OEM amp & speakers.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts