Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to sync the analog clock with the digital clock? Manual says it is done automatically, my analog clock is about 22 minutes behind.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
On my 07 QP, this is what I remember doing when there was the need to change the clock (winter/summer time):
. go to the car's computer display, time/date settings, and enter the new time
. when done, the analog clock automatically moves to the right time

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've been having issues with the time/date settings. Used to be able to change the hour fine, and the minutes by 30min intervals. Now the computer won't accept any time changes and gives me a nasty "beep" when I try. The clock will also scroll forward 24 hours every once in a while. No idea why. Sorry to add to the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't you just love electrical gremlins ? I was wondering what the future holds for today's cars on the repair front fast forward 30 years. Electrical/electronic parts will be almost non existent. Figure the front screen display, what will be the availability of that in 25 years ? How about some of the flash memory and other ASICS that are used. My QP is a modern marvel of electronic gadgets (and being in the semiconductor business I know about part shortages) just wondering what the future holds. My other car (1994 348 SS) has minimal electronics, but it still has them and I can get some o f the basic parts. After 2004 the electronics is all encompassing in most new vehicles.
Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reset the clock and Yup the analog went to the same (24 minute) behind reading. May have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the exact same problem - took it to my friendly Maserati mechanic (not a dealership), who has 25 years experience with our lovely brand. He took the satellite time function off. He took the central vent that houses the clock out, removed the cable, re-inserted it and hey presto time went back to the time set on the computer.
He said don't use the satellite time based function - it's crap !
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Easy to sync. Hold the two interior light buttons on the roof for 15 seconds. The lights will start to flash. Left button then does hours, right button does minutes.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easy to sync. Hold the two interior light buttons on the roof for 15 seconds. The lights will start to flash. Left button then does hours, right button does minutes.

Hope that helps.
Bingo! Fixed it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine is 4 mins back, tried to hold the 2 buttons but doesn't work .. any idea ?? mine is a 04 QP ..

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, so I had some time (pun intended) while waiting in the school pick up line to fix the clock, which was bugging the heck out of me.

Pulled out the panel which contains the clock. It needs to be prised out gently, but it is just held in by spring clips. Once out you can see the connector at the back of the clock. I unplugged this, waited a minute or two, then plugged it back in. The hands spun around the dial a couple of times and then stopped..............at exactly the same time as the digital display!

Wish all Maserati issues were this easy.

Marc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paul

I have just changed the battery on my 04 QP and I cant stop the analogue clock speeding around. I have reset the time and that has registered on the digital but not the analogue.

Any ideas as I don't want a flat battery again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like everyone else, the clocks on my 2006 Quattroporte were always 4-5 minutes out of sync with actual time. 2 weeks ago I turned off the satellite sync and reset the time. For one week the clocks actually told the right time. Then last week when I started the car the analog clock was 8 hours out of sync with the digital clock. I've tried using the map light buttons a few times but I don't get the lights to blink or the clock to set.

I tried the trick to change the time by more than an hour but the clocks remained unsynced.

Next I took the clock/vents out of the dash & disconnected the cable 3 times. The clock whirred around more than 24 hours each time. The first 2 resets it remained out of sync by hours. The last time it went to 4-5 minutes out of sync with the digital clock.

I read somewhere in Maserati Life that there was an upgrade to the clock. Anyone know what this was and how I can get it?

If I'm going to disassemble the face of the clock to move the hand manually, I'm thinking of changing the face to look like the gold faces from the BiTurbo era. I can't read this one at night anyway so backlight is worthless. Am I completely insane at this point?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I turned off the satellite/gps sync in mine and did an Italian reset. Double checked that the satellite sync was off and it finally reset. It seems like this is another one of those things with our Italian Mistresses. Always late to the party! ;-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
My clock's just dead. After a number of resets it worked intermittently. On good days it had a several minute offset from digital time. Now it's just making whining noises. Used one from eBay on the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys!

I have an ´07 Qp now and I didn´t know how to change the clock, i´ve been reading this thread but the Time Base option is selected on my Radio and I can´t deselect it. someone coudl help me?

thanks in advance to all of you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Marcoleitem,

If it is like the '06, I just did it on my car. Here's the steps:
-Under left round knob on the center console--click "Setup"
-First option is usually "Time/Date" but if not highlighted, turn right knob to highlight "Time/Date"
-Push right knob to select "Time/Date"
-First option should be "Timebase" but if not, turn right knob to hightlight "Timebase"
-Push right knob to select (turn on or off) "Timebase"

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi Guys,
Being curious of this thread and issue, I decided to check my Quattroporte - I don't have issues with the clock(s): both digital (on driver display) and analog one show same time. I know that from time to time the analog get adjusted automatically (maybe once per 2-3 months) and at that moment it spins faster but always sets the correct time at the end of the process.
Thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts