Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening in Michigan was beautiful cool and clear. My wife, Jane and I decided to make the most of our son being away with his Aunt, and go for dinner in the country 30 miles or so miles away. Instead of using the boring Interstate on the way home we decided to take a rather pleasant leafy 2 lane road with lots of curves and dips - just perfect for driving in the Maserati. We'd had an excellent meal and now, with the sun setting behind us, a nearly empty road, the sound of that V8 and the nice rural countryside, everything was perfect. We came up behind a small SUV, but no problem, dropped down from 6th to 5th to 4th, a quick squirt on the "loud" peddle and we were round him.

The Maserati has very low ground clearance and the center section of the exhaust pipe being the lowest part of the car. Fortunately, the front air dam and spoiler cleared the piece of road kill straddling the yellow lines. Unfortunately, the exhaust system didn't. It managed to somehow collect and retain a significant quantity of putrid animal and it's fur. We continued home driving through some small rural downtowns. While I am quite used to people rolling down their windows to stare at the car at stop lights, I am not used to people rolling their windows up and holding tissues to their noses. Stupidly I parked the car in the garage overnight, where the hot exhaust system continued to work its olfactory magic. While the Labradors thought this was a perfume from heaven, Jane didn't. The car was evicted from the garage and I was forced to drive around looking for a car wash that had an underbody spray. The car now smells of wet, cooked, putrid flesh. This afternoon I'm taking it to the Jack's Valet service - and I think Jack is going to be getting a $20 tip!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yesterday evening in Michigan was beautiful cool and clear. My wife, Jane and I decided to make the most of our son being away with his Aunt, and go for dinner in the country 30 miles or so miles away. Instead of using the boring Interstate on the way home we decided to take a rather pleasant leafy 2 lane road with lots of curves and dips - just perfect for driving in the Maserati. We'd had an excellent meal and now, with the sun setting behind us, a nearly empty road, the sound of that V8 and the nice rural countryside, everything was perfect. We came up behind a small SUV, but no problem, dropped down from 6th to 5th to 4th, a quick squirt on the "loud" peddle and we were round him.

The Maserati has very low ground clearance and the center section of the exhaust pipe being the lowest part of the car. Fortunately, the front air dam and spoiler cleared the piece of road kill straddling the yellow lines. Unfortunately, the exhaust system didn't. It managed to somehow collect and retain a significant quantity of putrid animal and it's fur. We continued home driving through some small rural downtowns. While I am quite used to people rolling down their windows to stare at the car at stop lights, I am not used to people rolling their windows up and holding tissues to their noses. Stupidly I parked the car in the garage overnight, where the hot exhaust system continued to work its olfactory magic. While the Labradors thought this was a perfume from heaven, Jane didn't. The car was evicted from the garage and I was forced to drive around looking for a car wash that had an underbody spray. The car now smells of wet, cooked, putrid flesh. This afternoon I'm taking it to the Jack's Valet service - and I think Jack is going to be getting a $20 tip!
Guess where your evening was obvioulsy heading on arrival home ended in a bit less romantic deal.

Joys of riding a Maser..! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gavin,

I was merging on a highway today with some fresh roadkill in the merge lane - thought about strattling it and then thought about this link (which I had read about an hour before!). Decided to make an agressive swerve and avoid cooking up dinner!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I hear George Foreman bought Tubi and is marketing the George Foreman Roadkill Grill. Mmmmmm low fat and TASTY! (nose plugs not included) :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up working late yesterday, so it fell to me to dig out my power washer and knock of the "Tubi-Snacks" (with apologies to Scooby Doo).:D

And no, my head isn't under the car, so I didn't need axle stands. And I too am a member of the "no V8 badge" club.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts