Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 4200 Cambiocorsa
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can answer 2 questions for me.

1. Is the ambient air temperature sensor the one located in the drivers side view mirror?
2. Does this sensor have any bearing on the ECU or is it just for climate control or some other fluff?

Getting these live sensor readings:

4,866 Posts
Yes, it is in the mirror...Yes that is an input....You can only buy it with an entire mirror I would start looking at other options...Used mirror for parts etc...J

Reactions: doggydaddy

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just dismantled my mirrors, it is a pretty easy process and removing the sensor isn't difficult. 2/10 on difficulty, 5/10 on patience so you don't break the glass clips.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I replaced mine last year. Part#980000961 for a little over $30 including shipping from Ricambi Ameica.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I forgot to mention that the new sensor plug is wrong and you'll have to splice in the existing one. You might just want to remove the mirror glass, which I think can be done without removing the mirror housing from the door, then snip and splice the wires. I'm not certain that can be done, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I forgot to mention that the new sensor plug is wrong and you'll have to splice in the existing one. You might just want to remove the mirror glass, which I think can be done without removing the mirror housing from the door, then snip and splice the wires. I'm not certain that can be done, but it's worth a try.
That isn't a bad idea and definitely possible. @doggydaddy if you choose to do it this way, make sure you splice it in with glued heat shrink so it remains weather sealed.

·
Registered
2005 4200 Cambiocorsa
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestion but im leary of taking shortcuts on a piece I dont have experience with. I'd much prefer taking the time to remove the mirror assembly vs risk breaking the mirror mounting tabs. Once I have it out and inspect the assembly, I'll post photos/procedure if it can be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts