Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my check engine keeps coming on every few weeks and its the Ambien temp sensor. Does anyone know what this this? Is it anything important? Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
So my check engine keeps coming on every few weeks and its the Ambien temp sensor. Does anyone know what this this? Is it anything important? Thanks
Tommy: Ambient temperaure is the temperature of the outside air -a sensor for that is located on the underside of the driver's side rear view mirror housing. Does your dashboard temperature display read normally or does it show an error message? There may be a second ambient sensor somewhere as well - Kent? Can you help us with this/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Presumably, an "Ambien sensor" would tell you when it's time to take your meds.

I agree with the Captain. Is your outside temp gauge showing a number or "E"?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your engine need a working ambient temp sensor to manage the fuel injection properly. That's why the ECU light up the "Check Engine" light when the sensor fails.

·
Registered
280 Posts
NOT sure about that?

If we are talking about the temp gauge in the middle of the dash that has on my car "read E" instead of a number occassionally then it is going bad; now...I took it in to the dealer and they told me it is NOT worth fixing, taking the dash off etc, and quoted me almost into $2K???? they said nothing about it affecting fuel management of the car, that just doesn't make sense to me; I have had this car worked on by Franz Blam Racing here in Atlanta for new ECU, DBW, exhaust and a host of other mods, the "e" comes on once in a while but I see No codes or notice any misfirng at all................dogdoc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys yes the "E" comes on sometimes instead of the actual temp and sometimes the check engine comes on I have also heard that its def not worth fixing I just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything major.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,

My temp gauge shows different readings...sometimes the correct temp, then it will switch to -25 with the warning buzzer, then show -40, then an "E", and so on. For a long time this was all that occurred. Then the check engine light would come on with a P0071 code (ambient temp sensor) every so often. I replaced the outside sensor, but this did not solve the problem. The frequency of the CEL coming on with the same P0071 code increased until now it will come on sometimes within 10 miles of resetting it! My mechanic thinks it is a computer problem that is not worth fixing, but the constant check engine light issue will prevent the car from passing emissions (When I check the code, all the sensors have not even reset yet). I am wondering if it may be a loose wire rather than a computer problem since sometimes the correct outside temp is displayed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Maserati Spyder, of course....!! Even though the previous post may be old, the problem is current.

4,089 Posts
More than likely it is a bad connection possibly in the connector where the door and body join....That doesn't really sound like a computer(ECM) issue as they hardly ever fail as well...It would be better to start a new post in the GS section than jump on old threads...You'll get more replies...Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts