Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got the part number for the aluminum pedals and the protective carpet foot rest plate for the 4200 with manual 6 speed(clutch pedal) on Eurospares site? thnx!!!!!!!! dogdoc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Brake & Clutch Alloy Pedal - 201020
Accelerator Alloy Pedal - 205025

(Fixings extra)

Accelerator Protection Plate - 382300295

They're not cheap - you can order similar from this guy.

·
Registered
744 Posts
How do they attach?

The ebay ones look like they screw in to the pedal (the steel part underneath the rubber pad). This means drilling some holes plus adding a 1/4 to 1/2" of height for the new almuminum pedal. I looked at a set in a CC a while ago and it appeared that they were an integral part of the actual pedal arm rather than sitting on top but I could be wrong as I did not get that close.

What would be nice for the 6MT is a completely new set of pedals that are spaced a bit farther off of the heel plate and farther apart so that regular shoes can be worn (this is not a problem on a CC).

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wow - you must have had narrow shoes for the lotus Freddy. I agree that closer is better for heel and toeing but my car only measures about 4.5" from the heel plate to the right edge of the gas pedal. This gives me about 1/2" clearance with my driving shoes but it jams with anything else.

What would be ideal is to keep the gas pedal and brake close together but move both pedals left about an inch to give some more room between the gas pedal and the heel plate.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Oops - I meant 4.5" between the plate and the right edge of the brake pedal (with gas in between the two)!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Maserati make these?

You guys are right, they are close and once in awhile I am on the brake rather than the gas and vice versa..........Does the Maserati dealer have their own; Are you saying that the Ebay one's have to be modifed????? Dogdoc

·
Registered
744 Posts
DogDoc - you will need to drill holes in the steel pedals (the existing ones on your car) in order to attach the new aluminum ones. I checked mine today and they are not pre-drilled. I am thinking about it as well because I find the rubber pads pretty slippery especially when wet. The ebay footrest is kind of interesting too but again I am not sure about the attachment as the existing rubber one on my car is molded right in to the carpet.

Sorry to complicate things by my mistake Stats - I did say that I was not sure (but then again I thought getting info without criticism was the purpose of the forum...)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thnx, Now I am confuesed!

I may wait as it sounds like if I do not drill them right on I am going to ruin my existing pedals and that is another expense to replace those............thought it might be easier than that, thnx for the info, dogdoc

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ultimate Pedals

I'd like 'em a bit closer together, like my old Lotus, for better heel-and-toeing.
I installed the Ultimate Pedals Porsche 996 911 gas pedal in mine (looks just like the ones on ebay). Had existing metal pedals so they were already drilled, just had to line it up. With driving shoes on, I felt like my foot frequently slipped over and got stuck behind brake pedal (too much gap), this pedal is wider and too up the perfect amount of space. Ultimate pedals are available in several different finishes, I didn't like the smooth stock one, my driving shoes tended to slip on it when just a little wet on the botton, the textured surface of the brake pedal is much better.

Mechanics always slip their first time driving the car since they expect a bigger gap between gas and brake pedal, but all have commented they like my set-upf or daily spirited driving. You could always increase the gap a little more if you like I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts