Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi would there be any signs in advance of a faulty alternator ? Car been in garage less than a week before issue should anything of been picked up?

3,091 Posts
No, stuff just can fail on a car at anytime...I run a shop so I hear this frequently...If we were responsible for every part on every car we worked on, then there would be no reason for me to even get out of bed in the morning...Cars just break unfortunately and usually not at a good time based on my experience...Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should normal garages be able to do this or are only maserati dealers able to do this struggling to find any that can run a doagnostic nears is 250 miles away and recovery is ridiculously expensive?

Also is only 26000 miles would this be normal only had car 2 month.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any garage should be able to check your alternator.

Or possibly you.

3,091 Posts
No, it is not the norm, but like I said stuff can just fail...A local place should be able to replace the alternator, but I would look around a bit to figure your best option so it doesn't turn into a nightmare...You want a new OE Maserati alternator BTW..Not rebuilt stuff...Jason

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe it's just your battery since Ghibli batteries drain quickly when not driving them for a while (even a week) while also having the door locked and alarm on. I always leave my car unlocked (in my locked garage) because of this, even when it's only going to be maybe a few days of not driving it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts