·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the forum tried this?

·
Registered
725 Posts
That looks like an interesting setup but I wonder if they included access to the stock trip meter and setup screens. I'm curious what the cost and parts list is, I can do the install myself but if it's too much I wouldn't bother because of how little I use the car.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks beautiful. Honestly the only place the car lacks, in my opinion. I'd be interested in having them do a fabrication.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I love the button integration on the top. The head unit is $2k by itself though!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, i do have a QPS GTS (2009) here in Germany. I would be interested how you have managed the installation of the Alpine?
Thank you very much for a short feedback

·
Registered
27 Posts
I done it the other way round went buying the unit. Luckily in my case only $190 touch screen Pioneer which is up for sale, but only to realize that I lose all other trip functions which you want man and most importantly you lose the friggin CLOCK man which IS Maserati if ever there was a thing. Ive seen that youtube video and until the geezer can expand or explain how he gets these other things working which one of us would actually go for that? None man, that´s not understanding what kinda mans we are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone on the forum tried this?

Good Evening
I have this Alpine radio in my 2007 QP.
I am not able to change the digital dash clock time and the trip distances are in KM although the overall distance stayed in miles. The trip distances can be reset but stay in KM. The consumption charts are in miles per gallon.
This could probably be fixed by connecting a computer to the car - easy enough but expensive.
By using the voodo in a post on this forum I can set the center analog clock. Press and hold the map lights then retard and advance clock with them. Unbelievable. I like the clock but you can't see it at night. The Alpine radio has a clock which sets automaticaly from the gps.
The Alpine radio works well and the gps big screen is great.
I did have problems with radio reception - no AM and only strong FM stations. Changed rear window amplifiers to no avail.
Amplifiers require signal to be sent from radio, up the co-axial cable to turn them on - Installer used incorrect adaptor - Changed out with correct cheap adaptor allowing switched radio output to be injected into adaptor and all is well.
The buttons on the side of the original radio are now horizontaly on top. - rear screen etc.
The labels are now 90 degress off. (lean head to read). Had considered looking into turning them round but are expensive to replace and used ones appear most to have lables worn off (sticky button syndrom) and are expensive.
So as it says on page one of the instructions - ' if it's not broke don't fix it'

Good luck Adrian Harvey

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used Naviplus upgrade. Although a PIA to install, super pleased. Android Auto changes the infotainment and makes sure it's obsolete proof. - going Naviplus make sure all stock features work 100%.

Voice activation everything - Waze, Google Maps, Google Weather, Google Messages, Spotify, YouTube Music, and real-time traffic.

The only thing I miss on this car is the the blind spot/rear cross traffic alert. (never been a fan of lane keep assist/or dynamic cruise control)

·
Registered
13 Posts
How is the touch feeling (sensitivity) Accurate and reliable like mobile phones?
Alpine U009 telephone is nice and easy to use.
It automaticaly sucks the contacts list from the phone and displays them on the nice big screen.
Much easier to use than the telephone which is in my pocket.
Has easy to use favorits last called etc.

Good luck ACH

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks but I was referring to Naviplus.

:)
It feels a lot like a gen 1 screen, very rudimentary, not at all accurate as latest screens. That said, I use it for 2 things
1) Waze
2) Music

For those functions the buttons are very big and clear. The voice works well to since it uses either your phone or the microphone.

The biggest caveat really is installation, it's a true PIA. I have a primer somewhere here where I explain the install process.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did you also buy the back camera module?

If yes, at which point did you install the camera? Did they provide an appropriate stand for the camera? Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you also buy the back camera module?

If yes, at which point did you install the camera? Did they provide an appropriate stand for the camera? Can you post a picture?
Yes, I will post a picture soon. In the meantime this thread explains the procedure:

Here is the primer on the naviplus install

1 - 18 of 18 Posts