Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost got my hands on my first QP, 07. PPI is scheduled in a few days. In setting up PPI with my local Maser dealer, they advised the car I am interested in was sold from their dealership and has no record of service. The car has 7,000 miles on it and Service Department said in our location they strongly recommend service every 6K miles because of heat - in fact he said they insist on it. So in addition to the 3 recall items that must be done (software, acceleration sensor and ball joint), mas dealer is saying the $1200 service should be done, this is all before they have even completed the PPI.

I have a tentative price agreed to with the seller. Is it appropriate for the seller to absorb the service cost if service is due - I plan on asking for them to cover or at least split but wanted some input on what is appropriate.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would be concerned if a 2 year old car has never been serviced regardless of miles. These wonderful machines should be serviced at least once a year regardless of miles in my (and my mechanics) humble opinion. Would make me wonder how the current owner has taken care of the car in general....

·
Registered
439 Posts
One would hope he at least had the oil changed.....
And why on earth would he have not brought the car back in for the recalls?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this does not answer your question but I was wondering what was the selling price?
As I'am toying with the idea of trading in my 07 QP for a 911.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't bought it yet, PPI is this week. Deal is set at 67K for a base automatic that was upgraded with 19 inch tires, wood steering wheel and wood trim about 6800 miles. From my looking seems like values ranged from 66K-75K for up to 0-15k in miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks I have the same options with 10500 on the car. I am not sure if I will keep the car. I have a Boxster and the QP and thinking of trading both in for a 911.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you enjoyed your QP? Anything you can tell me as a new QP owner that would be helpful or that I should be aware of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it has been a great car. I will tell you that the car gets alot of attention. I always get comments or thumbs ups when i'am driving it around town. It is very reliable and fun to drive and oh the sound of that sweet engine.

Good luck with your QP!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts