Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the ALL NEW GEN 2 LCD AuCar Climate Control for the 2008-2017 Maserati Granturismo, GranCabrio. NEW DESIGN! No canbus required which mean no recalibration when battery power is lost. Just got done testing it today and uploaded the demo video. I think the release date will be early December.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Definitely in for the Gen2...the no recalibration alone is worth the swap. (y)

Reactions: UK_MGT

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,169 Posts
Did they fix the lack of brightness control?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thank you for the video Robin! As soon as they are available in matte black i'll be in for that climate panel and the radio!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great - I had an email from them today saying it will be available in about a month.

They also suggested an android 11 head unit was planned, but at least 6 months away. I did ask if a software update would be available for the 2.1 unit but no response yet. I guess they probably have not started testing yet, but I would hope they would offer an OTA update for existing customers as that would show great customer care...

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the ALL NEW GEN 2 LCD AuCar Climate Control for the 2008-2017 Maserati Granturismo, GranCabrio. NEW DESIGN! No canbus required which mean no recalibration when battery power is lost. Just got done testing it today and uploaded the demo video. I think the release date will be early December.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Great - I had an email from them today saying it will be available in about a month.

They also suggested an android 11 head unit was planned, but at least 6 months away. I did ask if a software update would be available for the 2.1 unit but no response yet. I guess they probably have not started testing yet, but I would hope they would offer an OTA update for existing customers as that would show great customer care...
Anyone in sydney Australia can fit this system for me?

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK, so the Aucar website shows these are available now only in piano black. $899.99. I cant get an answer from their whatsapp or from Robin as to the availability of the matte black option. I am thinking of ordering the radio in matte black and the new version of the hvac panel in piano and maybe Robin knows if the face plate can be removed so i can send to to Dave to have the face re-finished to matte?

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, so the Aucar website shows these are available now only in piano black. $899.99. I cant get an answer from their whatsapp or from Robin as to the availability of the matte black option. I am thinking of ordering the radio in matte black and the new version of the hvac panel in piano and maybe Robin knows if the face plate can be removed so i can send to to Dave to have the face re-finished to matte?
I have been told piano is ready to ship, but matte black will be at least another month.

I've gone with piano for the AC and head unit - hope i don't regret waiting...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been told piano is ready to ship, but matte black will be at least another month.

I've gone with piano for the AC and head unit - hope i don't regret waiting...
Oh really? That would be ideal for me. I have no problem waiting. Did you message Aucar? The units look awesome but i only want to take apart dash once so i will wait.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,169 Posts
I have the same and it looks great...

·
Registered
103 Posts
you guys dont think the gloss black has too much glare? I have the half blue half brown interior. no gloss black trim or anything in my car so I was thinking matte black would be best idea for me.

That ACAR user finally posted a video of the new gran turismo digital dash also in the Granturismo facebook page and it looks insanely cool. I think having that digital dash, aucar and lcd controls basically bring our cars interiors back to 2022 spec more or less.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
you guys dont think the gloss black has too much glare? I have the half blue half brown interior. no gloss black trim or anything in my car so I was thinking matte black would be best idea for me.

That ACAR user finally posted a video of the new gran turismo digital dash also in the Granturismo facebook page and it looks insanely cool. I think having that digital dash, aucar and lcd controls basically bring our cars interiors back to 2022 spec more or less.
Not too much glare at all, I never even notice it. I love your idea of the matte with the blue/brown interior though. (y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts