Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to start a thread that incorporates all audio mods to our cars. I have a 04 Spyder CC that has the Blau CD changer, and I assume has a Blau head unit. Would love to incorporate ipod and ideally use bluetooth through the audio/nav system. Have looked thru lots of threads and the info is very spread out on this site. Please post all your audio mods here, with pics if avail, and your thoughts, etc. I'm looking at the Blau ipod adapter, http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607540500_main.asp, the Parrott MKi9100, the Denison iPod adapter, etc. Love to hear/see thoughts on these as well as other solutions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Parrot 9100

I install the parrot 9100 with success in my MS SPYDER 02. I have BLUETOOTH and IPOD thru all the speaker of my car. Highly recommend this product.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
parrott

Did you do the install or a vendor? Where did you mount the display/can you post any pix? Also I should mention that I have the Auditorium upgraded system. Does this change any install or adapter issues?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys...

I know you're out there! I've looked thru all the threads: audio, stereo, etc. I'm trying to figure out how to add iPod to my 04 Spyder CC w auditorium 200/blau CD changer. I'm thinking that this is the easiest way and get control/readout on the screen: http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607540500_main.asp
Has anyone used this? I've seen links that this is discontinued because of software issues w the ipod, although you can still get them in the US. Looking at the wiring diagrams it seems that I can disconnect the CD changer and plug this into the trunk where the changer was connected and get play/charge/and menus on screen. Thoughts?

·
Registered
494 Posts
audio systems

I specialize in Maserati aftermarket audio systems. My latest creation is adding a Kenwood car portal to the car with touch screen controls. this retains the factory screen but also allows touchscreen control of sat. radio, bluetooth, ipod, video, or cd changer. Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Would love to start a thread that incorporates all audio mods to our cars. I have a 04 Spyder CC that has the Blau CD changer, and I assume has a Blau head unit. Would love to incorporate ipod and ideally use bluetooth through the audio/nav system. Have looked thru lots of threads and the info is very spread out on this site. Please post all your audio mods here, with pics if avail, and your thoughts, etc. I'm looking at the Blau ipod adapter, http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607540500_main.asp, the Parrott MKi9100, the Denison iPod adapter, etc. Love to hear/see thoughts on these as well as other solutions.
It's tough to assemble a single thread with all the info. We might want to consider a sub-forum devoted to electronics, though.

Here are my thoughts:
  1. I don't think the head unit is made by Blaupunkt, even though that's the brand of the changer.
  2. There are adapters that take the place of the CD changer and allow you to plug in an iPod or analog source. The problems with these are that (a) you need a CD changer to begin with, (b) you lose the ability to use the changer, and (c) you can't control the device through the HU.
  3. I hope to post a thread later today about my recently completed installation, using a Kenwood brain. There are shops that, for the right price, will completely overhaul the HU, using a touchscreen. I went with a much cheaper option that, so far, has not disappointed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ipod adapter

I'm very happy with my setup. Connected my iPod to the Blaupunkt changer, wound two extension cords to the iPod unit mounted on my center console, and have full control of the iPod from there. I don't understand why you'd need the CD changer once you have a working iPod - just load the CDs you want into the iPod! Much better!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree

Don't care about the CD changer. I don't want to mount the iPod in the cabin. I'd rather tuck it away and have access on the screen. I just ordered the Blau interface and will try it-unplug the changer and plug in the adapter and iPod. If it works (I give it less than 50/50) I'll let you all know. Otherwise I think I may have to go with the Parrott or Denison or just a spliced in cable.

BTW, does ANYONE know who makes the head unit in the 04 Spyder CC/Auditorium 200? Was the Auditor upgrade Bose speakers and more power?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Audio Upgrade to my 08 Granturismo

I has a Kenwood Excelon DDX812 installed with a camera hidden in the front grille so I can see parking curbs. This unit added BlueTooth and Satellite Radio, I chose XM so I could get traffic also. The installer relocated the existing Maserati Head Unit and display in the battery compartment in the trunk to access vehicle data and they integrated the new unit with the buttons on the steering wheel. They also had a new wood molding made so the new display fits in the dash panel. Photos attached

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That looks good, but probably cost a pretty penny. You're lucky the newer models have that separate HVAC screen, so you really don't have much regular use for the factory NIT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
RE: Audio Upgrade to my 08 Granturismo

Sorry, I should have given credit. The shop was La Jolla Audio in San Diego, everything about them and the install was great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this is a good thread to start .there are many people her who i and ohter have done much with that can add some input on this topic.please discuss more . ill add some how2 and photos later to help out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I specialize in Maserati aftermarket audio systems. My latest creation is adding a Kenwood car portal to the car with touch screen controls. this retains the factory screen but also allows touchscreen control of sat. radio, bluetooth, ipod, video, or cd changer. Let me know if this helps.
Where are you mounting the new screen? In place of the factory screen?

·
Registered
494 Posts
In the Qp, I put a touchscreen overlay on the factory screen (and alot of behind the scenes work). This allows touchscreen control of the Kenwood car portal via the TV button. The factory display works just like normal. There is another thread on here where Jeremy at Advanced Audio Designs posted some screen shots, he also does the touchscreen mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURE IM REALLY INTEREST IN GET SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you do the install or a vendor? Where did you mount the display/can you post any pix? Also I should mention that I have the Auditorium upgraded system. Does this change any install or adapter issues?
I Sent it to a VENDOR they charge me $200.00 dollars. I think is super simple to do it your self but I didnt have to the time to do it. I will install my self the speaker I bought two INFINTY for the FRONT size 6.5 and Two for the back 5.25. There is a post in here you can go step by step to do the installation.

I will do it this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts