Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just a simple question, Is it required to do an alignment after installing wheels spacers? I want to install some this spring. I just had mine aligned 3000 miles ago when I installed new tires. Thanks so much

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just put 20MM on the front bolt thru and 25MM bolt-on the back and didnt see any steering drift. Much better, wider-feeling ride IMO... Car rides wide like it looks!

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Agreed with “ Nope “ ! BUT ..highly recommend you have the bolt nuts re-torqued to specs after the first 2 K miles or so, they do have a tendency to get a bit loose a little while after installation and some spirited driving ..

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you have the FD spacers they do come with re-torque instructions, but i agree definitely follow up with a re-torque! If i remember right, it was somewhere around 100-200 miles...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered 22mm for all 4 corners, I do have 255/35R20 on the front and 295/35R20 tires on the back, didn't want them to stick out too much.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just ordered 22mm for all 4 corners, I do have 255/35R20 on the front and 295/35R20 tires on the back, didn't want them to stick out too much.
My 295's on the rear with 15mm spacers seat exactly flush with the fender on my 2014 GT... So your's should have a good 1/4" of pokey.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Only align it if it's pulling to one side or the other, or any unusual wearing of the tires....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Robin, I would say NO, by adding spacers you are not changing the camber or toe in, toe out. Some might argue that you should because you are technically changing the offset of the wheel. My argument is that you are not changing the geometry and it will be fine. I've ran spacers on many cars including the GT without any issues or tyre degradation. I currently have 20mm all round.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's w
Hi Robin, I would say NO, by adding spacers you are not changing the camber or toe in, toe out. Some might argue that you should because you are technically changing the offset of the wheel. My argument is that you are not changing the geometry and it will be fine. I've ran spacers on many cars including the GT without any issues or tyre degradation. I currently have 20mm all round.
That's what I was thinking. I just aligned it and I am just bringing them out very little. No change in camber or toe.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Right you are guys, what I meant to say in my post was that AFTER the initial re-torque ( after 50 or 100 or whatever mileage the instructions which come with the spacers indicate ) , another re-torque after about 2 K miles is prudent ..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes very much, Thank you, I think I will be ok with 22mm, But will just have to try and see. 22mm will bring them out .86 of an inch, I should be safe and get the look I want.
You're welcome and yes you will be perfectly fine. I have installed the 25mm before but it was a hair too aggressive for the look i was going for. Your 22mm will be sweet!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a set of FD spacers sitting on the shelf waiting for some warm weather to put on. I went with the 22mm Front and 25mm rear on my MC as per Formula Dynamics suggestion. I hope it looks as good as yours Timado404.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts