Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Hope this isn't a repost. But what do you all think of the upcoming 4C? All the first drives and reviews are heaping huge praise on it. Even Richard Hammond from Top Gear is loving it

Heard when it comes out it'll be sold at Maserati dealers. If so I can't wait to test drive it

Mid-engined Turbo charged lightweight car. Dual clutch tyranny etc. I think car and Driver magazine called it a "baby Ferrari 458" May make a good addition in my garage :D

Anyways, thoughts? Anyone else excited about it like me?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes!!! The only reason I got in to Maseratis back in 2006 with a GS is because I got tired of waiting for Alfa to show up in the US again and the Alfa I was driving back then had gotten pretty long in the tooth.

There is no formal order book yet but will be on it as soon as one opens up :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm thinking of getting on order book too. Starts at $55k. Priced pretty good too

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gorgeous car and sound. Saw one on the road yesterday for the first time.

Bigfoot where did you see the 4C? I didn't think they were in the states yet but I could be wrong. But I agree. Very sent car!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I love everything about it except the headlights :(

I'll test drive it, and probably love it, but pretty sure it won't be for me because I don't think it will be comfortable enough as a DD. And I really don't want it to be something I use only on weekends etc. And I'm sure my wife will hate riding in it too.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love everything about it except the headlights :(

I'll test drive it, and probably love it, but pretty sure it won't be for me because I don't think it will be comfortable enough as a DD. And I really don't want it to be something I use only on weekends etc. And I'm sure my wife will hate riding in it too.
Yeah I read in Motor Trend they had to cut costs to keep price down so the headlights are an afterthought. I agree not liking the headlights and it's bug eye look much. But the rest of the car is stunning. And if it's as good to drive as everyone is saying sign me up.

And it won't be my DD if I get one. The MC fills that role nicely :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
The carbon insert front lights actually look OK IRL.
And the sound is incredible by any standard, truly fantastic..
Comfort was evidently not in scope, but who cares - this is the first real drivers car in decades - gotta love it, at least if you can get into and out of it without making a complete fool of yourself :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The prototype had beautiful headlights, so I was sorry to see they didn't make it to production
Wow the prototype is so much better. Oh well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have not had the time to drive one just yet but I have played around with the interior and it feels very cheap to me. The knobs feel like they were taken out of a yugo!

D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan, oh don't say that! Flashbacks of my previous C6 vette flashed through my head with its craptastic interior!

·
5,887 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't doubt it. I can't imagine a $55K car being all that amazing.
A base Porsche Cayman is about $55k and it's pretty sweet. However before I got the MC, I almost bought a new '14 Cayman S. After specing it out it was over $91k! So maybe you're right TravisJ! :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1 Posts
alfa romeo 4c

Hi there! No doubt, a lot of us here really love the car. Alfa Romeo US return is going to take place, states Fiat. They are really serious over it this time, just like they were severe over it back in the Clinton administration. By the way, how many times have you needed details concerning a new or pre-owned motor vehicle and resorted to an internet search on “in auto loans?” Your search is over, whatever you would need is at CarDealExpert.com! :thumbsup:

Best regards!

Phyllis:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts