Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2004 coupe outside in pouring rain, and from time to time the alarm started without anybody being near the car (great fun, in front of a hotel during the night...).
At home the same happens, when I direct the water from a garden hose on either the right or left window.

Has anybody observed something similar?
Maybe the ultrasound detection system for the interior is disturbed, if too much water hits the windows?

Thanks for any comments!
Bert

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not unusual to happen... you will need to reset the alarm sensitivity. For a Coupe, you need to access the back shelf (unit is underneath there) which is a piss to do (you have to remove the boot carpet cover, the rear seat, oh well...)

In a GS is much easier, as the sensor is hosted on the nearside A pillar.

HTH

·
Registered
36 Posts
Me too

I also had this problem. Last night my alarm went off at 5am. I think it was condensation since it was a foggy cold morning. Almost always goes off in a heavy rain too.

So, what sensitivity are we lowering? An ultrasonic intrusion sensor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's an easier way to get round this. When you lock the car using the key fob, hold the locking button for about three seconds until you get a beep. This turns off the internal sensor. Peaceful nights now, whatever the weather!

·
Registered
79 Posts
alarm sensitive after opening doors and getting in?

This has happened 5 times now since I bought her last month. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I click the fob to open the car, I get in, start the car, and the red warmning light comes on telling me the alarm is about to go off. (sometimes it goes off WHILE I AM DRIVING)

To make this stop I have had to:

Stop car, get out, close door, click fob to lock doors, click fob to unlock doors.

Then all is okay and alarm seems 'happy'

What in the world?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's been happening to me all day and I just bought my QP yesterday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This has happened 5 times now since I bought her last month. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I click the fob to open the car, I get in, start the car, and the red warmning light comes on telling me the alarm is about to go off. (sometimes it goes off WHILE I AM DRIVING)

To make this stop I have had to:

Stop car, get out, close door, click fob to lock doors, click fob to unlock doors.

Then all is okay and alarm seems 'happy'

What in the world?
NaplesGrl,

I think what is happening in your case is when you are turning the key in the ignition you are pressing the lock/unlock button on the remote, arming the vehicle. The motion of the vehicle while you are driving is setting off the alarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts