Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a new 2004 Coupe on a week ago Friday. .Last nigh I went to the parking garage in my office push the trunk button and put my briefcase in the trunk. I then proceeded to close the trunk and hit the alarm button on the key to disengage the alarm – nothing happened. After a few tries I used the key to open the driver’s side door – assuming that the Maserati engineers use the same common since as the engineers who designed my Porsche, I assumed this would disengage the alarm. Boy was I wrong.

Not finding any details in the manual, I called Maserati Assistants – let’s just call them a glorified answering service for contract towing companies. Simply Maserati towing service was of no help nor did they have any procedures in place to offer any real support.

Has anyone else faced this problem?

With this said, I was schedule to drop the car off on Monday for the engine software upgrade as well as a problem with the trunk light showing it was ajar most time when it was closed. At this stage, I’m not sure if the problem with the trunk had anything to do with the alarm problem.

Either way, how do you disengage the alarm when the buttons on the key does not disengage the alarm. According to Maserati Towing Service I should carry both keys just in case the batter is dead or just rely on their towing service to come and pick up the car.

Please advise

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had weirdness with my 04 CC coupe once. The red dash alarm light stayed on and the headlights would flash periodically. I finally figured out it was the alarm that had triggered. I couldn't figure out a way to turn it off other than park the car(I was at home). It was fine in the morning. *shrugs*

Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts