Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an intermittent problem with my sidemarker lights not flashing when I use the keyfob to lock the doors. It happens every once in a while. I notice that the lights aren't flashing, and no matter how many times I lock/unlock it they won't work until the next time I drive it. The sidemarkers themselves work if I turn on the lights/parking lights though. Any ideas?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had any beeps. I could really use a hand with this if anyone has any ideas. I'm not sure if the alarm is arming either. I can see the light flashing on the dash so I assume it is armed, but I haven't been able to set it off by bumping the car or tugging on the door handles. :confused:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Using the key fob, lock the car with the drivers door window open. Reach in and open the door from the inside. If the alarm goes off, it was armed. If not, your alarm was not activated from the key fob.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using the key fob, lock the car with the drivers door window open. Reach in and open the door from the inside. If the alarm goes off, it was armed. If not, your alarm was not activated from the key fob.
Thanks Capt.! I did as you suggested and the alarm went off after the third try. I assume that I was trying before the system had a chance itself the first couple of times. That at least gives me some peace of mind that the car is protected. I'm taking her into the dealer on Monday to see if they can find the problem.

·
Registered
431 Posts
alarm= try this

My alarm wasnt working so the tech asked me to check the connector to the siren.
The siren module is located in the left rear in the trunk (boot). First you have to take of 4 or 5 screws from the bottom inside the trunk. Once this plastic trim is removed take off/pull the trim out on the left and the connector is deep inside on the top. Mine had come off (vibration? ). I think the connector was yellow in colour. Your connector may be partially connected. Once it was reconnected, alarm ok but HOW DO I GET MY BEEPS!!?

hope this helps. let us know asap.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My alarm wasnt working so the tech asked me to check the connector to the siren.
The siren module is located in the left rear in the trunk (boot). First you have to take of 4 or 5 screws from the bottom inside the trunk. Once this plastic trim is removed take off/pull the trim out on the left and the connector is deep inside on the top. Mine had come off (vibration? ). I think the connector was yellow in colour. Your connector may be partially connected. Once it was reconnected, alarm ok but HOW DO I GET MY BEEPS!!?

What beeps? I have never seen one that beeps.

Eric

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my beeps are gone from locking/unlocking. Can anyone help or if anyone has got my beeps ,can I please have them back? I miss them!!
Are you sure that wasn't your cell phone ringing in the background? ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cool--thanks! I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
No beeps for me, never have been any.
It says in the owners manual that there are no beeps either when arming or disarming.
On arming indicators flash twice and red led flashes on instrument panel, central locking closes.
On disarming indicators flash once, led off, central locking opens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alarm one beep and indicator flash = armed

alarm three beeps and three indicator flashes = disarm

No cell phones please-we're British! We call them mobiles here.:D

Hi, I had something like this before I changed my battery today!

These beeps with flashing light sequence with unlocking and locking is suddenly now gone.

My 2010 QP Sport GT S now just locks and unlocks silently with a soft door lock thud, and definitely no more flashing lights.

How do I get them back?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts