Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now rain has set my alarm off. 2 flashes on the LED, which is supposed to mean "door". Uhuh, right.

Anyway, I assume it is either the motion sensor or perhaps the glass break sound detector.

Is the sensitivity owner adjustable, or is that a dealer item?
Anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also have a pretty temperamental sensor. Car has never sat in the rain, but occasionally when I simply PASS the car in the garage the alarm will go off. Other times even hard knock on the window won't set it off. I doubt the dealer knows much about this issue either. They stared at me like I was talking Swahili when I told them that the radio reception sucked in these cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I've experienced the same thing, especially in heavy rain. If you hold the lock button on the key down for a few seconds you'll hear a chirp. This enables the alarm but disables the interior sensors. I've taken to doing this if it looks like rain with no problems.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the dealer dial down the sensitivity after mine started going off in the rain. They claim to have done it, but it has not rained since...
:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
The dealer has cars sitting outside the showroom during the day and tells me when heavy rain showers passed over ALL the Maserati alarms would go off !

This was a common problem with the ultrasonic alarm (certainly in 02 models). My dealer remedied this under warranty.

·
Registered
681 Posts
On my drive from Florida-Oklahoma the alarm randomly went off in Louisiana. I just pulled over turned it off and never had the problem again.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sensitivity was set at 75%, and the dealer moved it down to 50%. We had a huge rain storm yesterday and it didn't go off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Glenn Wallace
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing