Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My airbag warning light is constantly on and I was wondering if anyone here has faced a similar problem? I took my car to an Indy and he couldn't figure out what the issue was as there was no error code coming up.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a similar issue last year. It turned out to be that one of my airbags (drivers side door) was bad. They replaced it and all good now. I believe the only way you can get detail on the airbag warning light is with the Maserati/Ferrari specific SD3 tool at the dealership.
Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
The other known issue is the switch for disabling the passenger airbag. It's a Fiat / Alfa part and much cheaper if bought from them.
Dead easy to change as well, apparently.

C

Reactions: Andrew224

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
I had this on my QP. In my case it turned out to be a bad contact on a side airbag which was cleaned up and she was good to go.

This is a safety issue and I would not leave it too long or try to bypass the working of the airbag. Please get it taken care of ASAP and keep safe!

:cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar issue last year. It turned out to be that one of my airbags (drivers side door) was bad. They replaced it and all good now. I believe the only way you can get detail on the airbag warning light is with the Maserati/Ferrari specific SD3 tool at the dealership.
Good luck!
The Indy plugged in the SD3 and said no error code came up so said it could be the actual computer component that needs changing and said that I should take it to the dealer but I'm away now so won't be able to do anything about it now. Does anyone have an approximate cost of replacing a component ?

Plus my car is up for sale so just wanted to ensure that I can sort it out before giving her away!

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Indy plugged in the SD3 and said no error code came up so said it could be the actual computer component that needs changing and said that I should take it to the dealer but I'm away now so won't be able to do anything about it now. Does anyone have an approximate cost of replacing a component ?

Plus my car is up for sale so just wanted to ensure that I can sort it out before giving her away!
I'm sure when you take to the dealership, they will be able read the error code. I believe I paid about $425 (Canadian) for the passenger air bag, + an hour labour? I would see what the dealership wants then compare it to Eurospares. The European prices are almost always less expensive than here in North America (http://www.eurospares.co.uk/index.asp?M=3&Mo=383&A=2&G=&S= )

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The other known issue is the switch for disabling the passenger airbag. It's a Fiat / Alfa part and much cheaper if bought from them.
Dead easy to change as well, apparently.

C
Does the Gransport have one of these ? My car only has a hole and no switch.......Maybe that is why my airbag light is also on ?

oops. just checked the eurospares site....the north american cars do not have the switch...at least, not the gransport.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my Granturismo airbag on, after search forum chat n Google - note that there is a sensor under the passenger n harness wiring to the safety belt. After shifting the passenger backward n retrieve out the harness underside. Discovered one the the thin yellow wire was rapture n exposed possibly touch the metal body of the car frame causing a short circuit. Leading to warning light n indicate airbag failure refer to dealer.

after taping up the exposed wire n restart the car, the warning light is gone n not appear anymore.. problem addressed. The wire was probably pinned or wear off due to the seat adjustments. I also insulated the harness with cloth tapes properly tie them together with cable tie to better manage them n stuff back under the seat securely to prevent future damage n wear off again. Share to all to check this possible fault n a very simple fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts