Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 QP has been at my dealer for the past two months having a full repaint done. The body shop sent it over to the service department to clear the codes (headlight failure etc etc from moving it with no headlights attached, etc etc)

They just called me to tell me there is an airbag failure code, and it had to do with the rear seatbelt pretensioner.

Has anyone had any experience with a pretensioner going bad on their car? (or at least the error message)

Also, I find it odd that I didn't have the error before I dropped off my car, but I do now. Thoughts on that one?

TIA

HJQP

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I haven't seen it in a Maser (personally) yet, but they are common failures in the Benz's. The SRS stuff is all made by the same couple of companies so you can be sure that similar issues exist.

There's a lot of information missing from this equation, but it's not unlikely that during the accident a pre-tensioner ignited and needs to be replaced or something along those lines.

·
Registered
384 Posts
We had to take the seat out of a Bimmer at our shop for repair, and one of my techs that's familiar with them said to make sure to not reconnect the battery until the seat and belt (wiring) was all reattached. Otherwise, the SRS light would go on and that it wouldn't be easy to deal with.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECS - There was no accident. I had it in the shop for rock chips and 50k of other road abuse. The paint was purely cosmetic, not associated with any specific incident.

I went to the dealer tonight and have found a few other electrics demons that weren't there when I dropped off my car, such as:

No AM reception on my stereo any more
My headlights not going into high beam
Easy Egress not working on the driver seat (even though it is set to)
Right side power windows both operating at half speed

Can anyone see a connection between all of these (and the seat belt tensioner issue)?

TIA

HJQP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts