Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for the air filter upgrade on my 03 coupe gt. I have a few questions maybe someone knows the answers to.

1. Why is BMC all I hear about? won't a conical K&N fit?
2. What is the size filter needed, inlet diameter and length? Dimensions of BMC?
3. any special adapters or a standard ring clamp?
4. What is the best procedure, through the wheel well?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
513 Posts
the BMC is a conical filter, the only difference is that it is not an open air filter, ie removal of the air box like some KN Kits do.

I would just go for the BMC, it is a perfect fit, Im sure you could monkey around and get a KN to fit, but the BMC is perfect out of the box .

Yes, removal of the left front wheel makes the installation much easier.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone,
I will look up the BMC. I was just trying to use up a favor from a friend at K&N.

Robb

·
Registered
681 Posts
K&N's tech department consists of the stupidest people I have met in my life. Price aside I refuse to sell their products for the way they have treated the Ferrari community. Support BMC because they're the only air filter company that does R&D on our vehicles and makes sure the products actually fit before selling it to us.

Imagine that, they test fitment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
air filters

MVP said:
K&N's tech department consists of the stupidest people I have met in my life. Price aside I refuse to sell their products for the way they have treated the Ferrari community. Support BMC because they're the only air filter company that does R&D on our vehicles and makes sure the products actually fit before selling it to us.

Imagine that, they test fitment.
CAN YOU QUOTE ME ONE AIR FILTER FOR MY GRAND SPORT 2006
REGARDS,
JORGE CASAUS
MR SACA IN EL SALVADOR TOLD ME ABOUIT IT

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
jcherrero said:
REGARDS,
JORGE CASAUS
sorry i don't mean to be a jerk but your maserati is a Gransport, not a GRAND SPORT. -_-"

·
Registered
681 Posts
jcherrero said:
REGARDS,
JORGE CASAUS
$135

Regards,

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts