2010 Maserati Granturismo S

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Registered
2014 Maserati GTS

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
they won't be T-bolts tho and the heat would concern me
Got a pretty good clamp from Harbor Freight, clamped up the muffler on my M6 real nice. Never had an issue with heat.

Registered
I hate dealing with Oeitiker/ear clamps, but the point is that they never loosen.

Kind of stupid for an air intake though, that regularly needs to be removed for servicing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I hate dealing with Oeitiker/ear clamps, but the point is that they never loosen.

Kind of stupid for an air intake though, that regularly needs to be removed for servicing.
I have Oetiker pliers which make the clamps great to work with, but for regular use, I totally agree. Also, after many removal/installs, the little 'ear' on the Oetiker clamp does start to wear out a bit. Not an issue in this particular application, but you do need a fair amount of room when using Oetiker clamps. T-Bolt clamps can be used in applications where space is at a minimum. They also have a nylon insert in the nut that prevents it from 'backing off.' I have used them in various projects, repeated loosening and tightening, for years, without issue. (y)

Registered

I kinda split the middle and ordered Mishimoto constant pressure clamps for mine that come today. They use a brass spring before the nut to ensure constant pressure. I also really trust Mishimoto stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts