Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in South Florida, summers are hot. I'm looking at a 2018-19 GranTurismo convertible. How is the performance and cooling ability of the air conditioning in these models? I am also looking at BMW M850's and have read about some problems with the air conditioning performance and service issues. Any input? Thank you

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I live in South Texas and the AC in my 2013 convertible works really well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2011 and live in Phoenix. Don't know that I'd say it's too cold, but, keeps up with the +110F temps without too much trouble.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Grigio Granito Cuou
21 Posts
Ditto, I have a 2013 GTS and live in SW FL, my air works great, and keeps up easily with our year round temps.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,517 Posts
About to head into winter and of all things an air conditioning thread comes to the top. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,643 Posts
Compared to any of my other cars, the AC in my 2013 GTS is lousy . Has been that way from day one, so it’s not as if with time it may have leaked refrigerant. I had the level checked a couple of years ago and it was perfectly fine. I also took a ride in my friend‘ s 2012 MC turned on the AC , and it’s comparable to mine . The AC’s in all my other cars, including the Porsches which are not known for having great ACs, will just about develop icicles on the windows in a few minutes, whereas the GTS takes what seems like forever to get the cabin even at a quasi-cool climate . But this may be subjective to some extent: some people definition of what’s cool or comfortable may vary vastly from others‘s definition. What is objective though is the air temp coming out of those vents and in the GT it’s no way even near as cold as it’s in my other cars .

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine works perfect and I live in Saudi Arabia. We can reach more than 140 Fahrenheit around here and so far no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here in Houston with a 2010 GTS, the AC is ok, but not as cold as either our Range Rover or Jag. It will keep up, but never prompt you to turn it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts