Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone come across a company that actually covers the car ? i purchased my coupe from mpls mas and asked my sales person about a warranty and she gave me the ins co auto ins inc and after i did a search on here i saw the thread about his ill bis practices of his previous co i am not too interested in spending $ on a worthless piece of paper

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2ndly is there any good independant shops that anybody can recommend in the mpls area just want to find somebody before the clutch goes out and have to scramble at that time thanks Tim V

·
Registered
273 Posts
warranty seemed pricey to me

I almost never consider any extended warranty on anything.

But early on I thoht about it fr 04 CC.

The price seemed to assume a major repair so I figured just pay for the repair if it happens.

·
Registered
793 Posts
has anyone come across a company that actually covers the car ? ---
Don't waste your $. Here's why

1) nearly 50% of the extended warranty price goes to the dealer and sales person as their "cut". What's left for warranty coverage?
2) there are usually tons of exclusions
3) with proper maintenance you will probably spend less over the life of ownership than what the warranty costs.

Consider this. Circuit City sold $440 million in extended warranties in 2001. They made more profit on that then all the items they sold!

Does that tell you anything?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't waste your $. Here's why

1) nearly 50% of the extended warranty price goes to the dealer and sales person as their "cut". What's left for warranty coverage?
2) there are usually tons of exclusions
3) with proper maintenance you will probably spend less over the life of ownership than what the warranty costs.

Consider this. Circuit City sold $440 million in extended warranties in 2001. They made more profit on that then all the items they sold!

Does that tell you anything?

Yeah, Circuit City is now in Chapter 11....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thai is irrelevant.

It's the waste of $ on the warranty that's in issue.

Save your $!.
Not really. In many cases the warranties are packaged up and sold like any other insurance portfolio. If your carrier goes out of business then you may be at risk of not having your claim paid if the policy was never registered properly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You are again missing the point.

It makes no difference that CC is in receivership or that the insurance will not pay.

The relevant point is that it is, pure and simple, a waste of buyer $ and is a profit center for the retailer.
No argument there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.