Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought people might be interested in my research. I've seen a limited number of aftermarket warranty companies that will warrant a CC; however, initially I didn't find any that would cover a QP. I recently swapped out my Range Rover with a newer model and was on www.rangerovers.net, which is one of the primary Land Rover sites. They have a page dedicated to aftermarket warranties and one of the companies that Land Rover owners had success with was with Hal Moses of Auto Advantage, Inc.. I researched the issue further and learned that he also writes policies for the Maserati. I received bumper-to-bumper exclusion warranty for 4 years/unlimited mileage at a very competitive price (less than 1K per year). The price I paid included the wear and tear additional coverage - e.g. worn bushing as opposed to a failed bushing or the squeaky gear bearings that still work but are out of manufacturer specification - additional wear and tear coverage does not cover brake pads, etc.) The labor rate is full coverage.
** Another point of interest is that you can get a bumper-to-bumper exclusion warranty on any Maserati for the same price EVEN IF it is out of warranty provided it is less than 10 years old and it passes a $90 inspection that you pay for. Ideally, this would be good to do prior to purchasing a vehicle.

The exclusions: Rust damage, sheet metal, chassis frame, cross member, body rails, body panels, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, batteries, carburetor, correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, rattles, contaminated fuel systems, bumpers, body parts, glass, time failed components, clutch, service and maintenance items.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think Lexus dealers even have a warranty that can be bought on the Maserati. Has anybody investigated this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think found the answer to my own question. It appears Genuine is the same as Exotic based on this post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts