Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you can wait a little bit, I'm testing fitment for Hawk Pads. They had a range of pads that cross-referenced with pads I had fitted. Hawk are good as well in that they provide proper performance curves for their pads, so if you ever want to do a track day you can get a matched pad.

You can read more about the process below.

·
Registered
28 Posts
have been running the EBC Yellowstuff brakes on my GT and have not complaints with the pads or price point on them. Definitely worth looking into for brake pads

·
Registered
169 Posts
About the EBC yellowstuff, does it have the pad sensors? I have seen pictures of it on eBay and can see the sensor on the pictures. I was considering to order a set but just wanted to be sure before.
Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have EBC Redstuff on my car currently, I can't say if they came with the sensors though.

I haven't had a chance to fit the new pads yet, but these are the motorsport pad part numbers that cross-reference with our cars from Hawk. You could potentially run the HP+ on the road if you like a really aggressive brake feel, but I'm under the impression that they squeal until they're hot (I don't have a set to test unfortunately). The others will squeal no matter what.

FRONT REAR
HP+: HB545N.610 HB170N.650
Blue 9012: HB545E.610 HB170E.650
HT-10: HB545S.610 HB170S.650
DTC-30: HB545W.610 -
DTC-60: HB545G.610 HB170G.610
DTC-70: HB545U.610 HB170U.650

The road pads are:
Front Rear
Performance Ceramic: HB545Z.564 HB170Z.650

I don't have the part numbers for the lower tier road products, but IIRC EBC Yellow is similar to the PC pad - though without a performance curve like what Hawk provides, who knows that they are really? This is the whole reason I wanted to move to Hawk, they provide performance curves so you actually know what you're getting instead of relying on anecdotes.

An example to make the point, lets say you had a pad that was too aggressive for you personally and was activating the ABS all the time. You want to run a softer pad but how do you compare it to another brand when they just provide marketing nonsense like 'medium bite and no fade'. For all you know it could be more aggressive. In Australia it isn't so much an issue for me since we don't have winter tyres or issues with snow where it might be relevant to run more sensible pads depending on seasons. It is pretty easy to overwhelm tyres or lighter cars at legal speeds with aggressive pads. For this reason I will be running the PC on my heavier Maserati, but the HPS 5.0 on my MX-5. I know I'm pulling the extreme case scenario here, all these manufacturers should be certified for use in different regions and compliant, so its not that you're getting something 'unsafe' but it is more just the principal of being informed on where your money is going. It is hard to find brands that treat customers well in this regards, AP Racing, Wilwood, DBA and Hawk provide the most available retail data that I could find and its worth supporting them for that alone IMO.

You can get all the hawk stuff direct from them, so prices are pretty tidy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They're just cars, and these days with the age and neglect a lot of the cars have suffered alongside build quality and design issues, the best way to keep them going is to have a healthy DIY crowd.

·
Registered
484 Posts

Just through I'd follow up- I did confirm the pads fit and Hawk are providing us a 20% discount to use on our cars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts