Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I just got the KD-NX5000 for the GS Spyder... and I'm going to install it in the next couple of days.... I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a radio harness for the GS?

Also... is the vss (vehicle speed sensor) wire behind the dash? because I would like to have the nav part working correctly.

And any tips or tricks would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
It seems that the GS has a standard ISO connector harness, so if the JVC does not, maybe there is an ISO adapter cable you can buy for it as used on German cars.

That looks like a great unit, please let us know how it works out. Do you have the Auditorium 200 sound option (which uses the preamp-out from the radio), or just the base speakers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the Auditorium 200 sound option (which uses the preamp-out from the radio), or just the base speakers?
I got the Aud 200... I'll take pics when I'm done :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
---Also... is the vss (vehicle speed sensor) wire behind the dash? because I would like to have the nav part working correctly.

And any tips or tricks would be appreciated :)
Most NAV units require the hand brake sensor and the reverse sensor wires. It needs to know where you are and what's going on at any time.

The speed sensor wire comes off the tranny and usually connects to your speedo (at least it does for Ferrari).

You should be able to identify with a workshop manual.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most NAV units require the hand brake sensor and the reverse sensor wires. It needs to know where you are and what's going on at any time.

The speed sensor wire comes off the tranny and usually connects to your speedo (at least it does for Ferrari).

You should be able to identify with a workshop manual.
I only have the m138 spyder and coupe wsm... ummm would those work?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The GS has a speed sensor wire on one of the radio connectors, it's used for AVC on the stock headend.

I am wondering if the larger "face" of the JVC will fit OK against the carbon fiber fascia that surrounds the radio. At the top edge especially, it might be too tight?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The GS has a speed sensor wire on one of the radio connectors, it's used for AVC on the stock headend.

I am wondering if the larger "face" of the JVC will fit OK against the carbon fiber fascia that surrounds the radio. At the top edge especially, it might be too tight?
From: http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32202&postcount=7

JVC Makes a unit called the KDNX 5000. Fits very nicely in GS and looks like it belongs. even has an optional carbon fiber wallpaper for the screen that matches the interior. Has 3.5 inch sceen with nav, sat radio, bluetooth, all the goodies.
It looks like it will fit :)

Now... where to put the gps and the XM antennas :cool: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummm.... does anyone know where the stock gps goes (euro spec cars)? I might use that location first....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Not sure where stock location is, but I've hear of the GPS antenna being placed inside the central dash-top vent.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kdnx - 5000

I had the shop install mine. it is probably the best solution out there. I would suggest a speaker upgrade as well however. It is a great unit. even the circular buttons match the start buttons, etc. on the front panel. Enjoy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2002 Coupe Radio/Nav

Hi, Has anyone done a nice conversion of the OEM Magneti Marelli Radio/Nav head unit to some other unit? I've heard the OEM Nav unit for the 02-06 Maserati Coupe stinks & the radio/CD isn't the best. I'd like to have a good Navigation unit in the car but want it to look factory. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any pics of a good installation?
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the shop install mine. it is probably the best solution out there. I would suggest a speaker upgrade as well however. It is a great unit. even the circular buttons match the start buttons, etc. on the front panel. Enjoy.
Hey Jgrabar... who did you use to install that Headunit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
head unit

I usd a place in Philadelphia called Diamond Audio. If you are in the area, Goodman Car Audio in Bryn Mawr is the place to go. Recommended by the Algar dealership and have a full book of ferrari/maserati install.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gps antenna connector is in the right hand side A post pillar cover about six inches up from the dash, had my screen replaced so i know its there at least on my Uk spec 4200 coupe .

Regards loz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hi, Has anyone done a nice conversion of the OEM Magneti Marelli Radio/Nav head unit to some other unit? I've heard the OEM Nav unit for the 02-06 Maserati Coupe stinks & the radio/CD isn't the best. I'd like to have a good Navigation unit in the car but want it to look factory. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any pics of a good installation?
Thanks
This is my Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro install. I did all the reverse engineering and installation myself.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts