Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you all would like to put aluminum pedals on your maser, but I found this web-site, and they seem to have a high quality product.
http://www.ultimatepedals.com
They claim that the pedals are custom made depending on what model car you have. The pictures look just like Scott's pedals in the pictures that he posted in the photo gallery. They also have detailed installation instructions on their site. I think that the aluminum pedals are a small detail that can go a long way.
-Will

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been looking at their pedals also. They offer them in 2 finishes: smooth and anti-slip. They also offer one for the dead pedal, and they can put an engraving on them. I'm going to ask if they can do the Maserati trident on one of them, maybe the dead pedal or the brake. It sounds like installation requires holes to be drilled into the metal part of the existing pedal.
Tony

·
Registered
252 Posts
I posted a better shot of my pedals on the photo section. The clutch and brake are anti-slip while the gas is smooth. I think I will order the aluminum dead pedal from that site. The picture does not really show how close the pedals are to each other especially the gas and brake. When I first got my car had a couple of close calls when I went to depress brake and gas went with it. pretty much fixed this problem by buying some driving shoes that are very narrow compared to sneakers which are about an inch wider at the bottom. I advise anyone getting a GT to pick up some driving shoes before getting your car. I still would like to figure out if there is any adjustment to these pedals, Will get out an allen wrench this weekend and see. Is funny that on my $30,000 Honda S2000 the Alum pedals were standard, then when I got a Boxster S and now Maserati they were options. I was going to put them on my boxster but you needed to do drilling and grinding and was not worth the bother but do know someone who put them on a spyder and they said it was very easy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really like the aluminum pedals. Scott's look great.

The Ultimate Pedal set looks like a high quality set. Stay away from the ones with any type of rubber on them (rubber anti-slip nubs) like can be found on some Sparco and Racecraft pedals. The rubber nubs wear, tear, and end up on your carpet. Also stay away from any that aren't bolted directly to the stock pedals by drilling holes in the pedals. I tried a set that clamped onto the pedal using screws and a piece of metal that went behind the stock pedal. It never tightened up to where it didn't move around, and eventually the metal strap/clamp stretches and the pedal 'cover' comes loose. Almost put me in some trouble.

I sent Ultimate Pedals an e-mail asking for details on a set for my Maser as well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I noticed your brake pedal is cut away at the bottom and the ones shown from Ultimate Pedal also show the brake pedal notched out at the bottom. If you look at the pictures on mine, it is not, Well at least it wasn't, So I took off the pedal and noticed the backing is cut away so I ground off the corner of my pedal to match the backing and it seems to give me a little more room

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been looking at their pedals also. They offer them in 2 finishes: smooth and anti-slip. They also offer one for the dead pedal, and they can put an engraving on them. I'm going to ask if they can do the Maserati trident on one of them, maybe the dead pedal or the brake. It sounds like installation requires holes to be drilled into the metal part of the existing pedal.
Tony
Tony - Did you ever order these pedals and were they able to engrave the trident on the dead pedal? If you did, how were they and how much was the engaving? I'm thinking of ordering them myself. Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know if any of you all would like to put aluminum pedals on your maser, but I found this web-site, and they seem to have a high quality product.
They claim that the pedals are custom made depending on what model car you have. The pictures look just like Scott's pedals in the pictures that he posted in the photo gallery. They also have detailed installation instructions on their site. I think that the aluminum pedals are a small detail that can go a long way.
-Will
There's a couple threads with pictures of the ultimate pedals..

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2544

It takes a bit of care to install them. You mark and drill holes in the gas and brake pedals of the car, and also drill holes through the rubber & metal of the dead pedal. The dead pedal was the hardest for me. But the effort was worth it because the pedals just look and feel perfect in the car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
-Will
I had dealer replace my gas and brake pedal with those from GS.
About $600. I know, it's crazy. My car is 05 CC Spyder.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have an 06 GS with metal pedals too, didn't realize they were worth $600. I'm going to have to get better shoes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I see the benefit of the $600 metal gas and brake pedals, but I have no idea why my GS has a $620 (sticker price of option) passenger aluminum footrest - perhaps to protect the floor? To make it worse, none of my passengers use it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Guys and Gals,
I contact Ultimate Pedals about 2 weeks ago. They tell me that they will give us 25% discount if we order at least 10 orders (an order mean a gas and brake or brake/clutch pedals). If you guys are interested, let's start the group buy.
Pavin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts