Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to order a 2006 Quattroporte Sport GT and wanted to ask for some advice from Quattroporte owners ( never owned a Maserati) who would certainly be more knowledgable than I am, before I actually place the order. I have been told that the markup on the car and options is approximately 17% over dealer cost, or working backwards from MSRP, 15% below MSRP ( e.g., Sport GT package, dealer cost is $ 7,500 and MSRP is $ 8,850, Executive GT package, dealer cost is $ 11,190 and MSRP is $ 13,170 ). The base price of the QP is $ 102,200, which means the dealer cost is approximately $ 88,000, or a $ 14,000 markup before adding options. Including options, you're probably looking at a $ 15,000 to $ 17,000 markup. Can anyone comment on how much a dealer will discount from MSRP ? Also, regarding options, has anyone had experience with the Comfort Pack Seats ( Front $ 4,910 , Rear $ 4,995 ) ? My local dealer said they are an incredible waste of money and just order heated front and rear seats. GSM phone kit, does it work well for hands free use ? Also, the picture of the phone looks pretty big when you want to remove it from the car and take it with you. Any insight that can be provided would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Quattroporte pricing

Interesting info.
I don't know what your dealer is telling you regarding pricing for the new Sport GT and Executive Gt packages, but since Maserati North America does not have confirmed pricing yet, I don't know how your dealer could have given you the numbers. They may be approximately correct, but it's a moot point anyway.
All the dealers that I have contacted sell at MSRP or above. So while the exercise of guestimating costs may be entertaining, it does n't mean squat when it comes to ordering your new car.
Personally I like the Sport GT package. The executive GT is the same as a standard Quattroporte, a few currently available options, with the chrome mess grille and side vents.
Re: Comfort Pack Seats: I think it depends on a few individual preferences: local climate (air conditioned &/or heated seats) as well as the massage feature. This feature seemed weak to me at first, but after driving on a semi-long trip, I found the massage feature excellent at fighting fatigue.
Re: GSM phone: it is not removeable from the car. It is a good option if you have the right wireless provider and can either switch SIM cards or have one handheld and one car phone.
Good luck negotiating a price!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maranello said:
I have decided to order a 2006 Quattroporte Sport GT and wanted to ask for some advice from Quattroporte owners ( never owned a Maserati) who would certainly be more knowledgable than I am, before I actually place the order. I have been told that the markup on the car and options is approximately 17% over dealer cost, or working backwards from MSRP, 15% below MSRP ( e.g., Sport GT package, dealer cost is $ 7,500 and MSRP is $ 8,850, Executive GT package, dealer cost is $ 11,190 and MSRP is $ 13,170 ). The base price of the QP is $ 102,200, which means the dealer cost is approximately $ 88,000, or a $ 14,000 markup before adding options. Including options, you're probably looking at a $ 15,000 to $ 17,000 markup. Can anyone comment on how much a dealer will discount from MSRP ? Also, regarding options, has anyone had experience with the Comfort Pack Seats ( Front $ 4,910 , Rear $ 4,995 ) ? My local dealer said they are an incredible waste of money and just order heated front and rear seats. GSM phone kit, does it work well for hands free use ? Also, the picture of the phone looks pretty big when you want to remove it from the car and take it with you. Any insight that can be provided would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.
Hey Maranello, guess you'll be changing your name to Modena now. Congrats on your choice. I have a 2005 QP with about 28K miles now. I agree - just order the heaters. Although the seat air conditioning is very nice and I don't know if that comes with the heated seats or if you have to buy the comfort pack. The massager and the other feature that shapes the seat to your body is a joke. I didn't do the GSM phone so can't help you there. The navigation system is poor also, but you can't delete that.

I love my QP, a true driving adventure. I've had many special cars and then another car as my daily driver. I like the QP so much I can never bring myself to drive another (hence the high mileage in one year!). Mine has been very reliable but I've gone through tires quickly. I got on a list and got one of the first ones to be delivered in the States, so I paid sticker, can't help you with price elasticity advice now. Pick all the trim things carefully; its very satisfying to get it just the way you want it. I went to the factory to make my choices and I learned that there were choices that the dealer didn't know about! So be persistent. Enjoy!

Ken

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the comfort seats are spare change compare to the entire car, and it cannot be retrofitted. as with other manufacturer's system the fan just wicks way the moisture which provides the cooling. as for the massage, it is barely noticeable. it does work well to keep you awake and less stiff on long journeys.

i think the electronic options are more outrageously priced than the comfort seats. skip the tele. get a blue tooth headset.

good luck on the discounts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
don't know where to post but maybe it fits in here, pretty sexy that
thing - isn't it. maybe a little to 'pimp' for the brand but looks cool imho.

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Iwan,
What deep dish rims are those?
Are they 18" or 20"?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
actually looks very nice.
i heard a local guy put on some oversized chrome wheels and lowered the QP... i have not seen that car.. that would be pimp / bling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts