Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

On the market for a GrantTurismo and wanted to get the communities thoughts on a 13 Granturismo Sport that I am considering. So the car is priced at 46k, has 31k miles, car seems to be clean (e.g. no accidents, clean title, maintained regularly) but has had 5 different owners. Should I be worried about that and is 46k a fair price? Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It's quite common to see multiple owners on a given exotic car's history. It's usually because most owners drive these cars quite infrequently before selling them again. My Ferrari 430 spider for example had 5 previous owners before I bought it! (Each owner put in only about 2K miles before selling it). It shouldn't have any negative effect on the car's value, however.

Given the market value of GT's, $46K seems a little high for a '13 model in my opinion, esp. given the mileage. GT's are a hard sell, so there's always room for negotiation.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I would be concerned why five prior owners moved on? I can see wanting to rationalize an opportunity but unless you really know Maseratis or have a thorough PPI by someone who does, your rolling the dice. That said, what stands out is at 30k+ Miles, was the “Big Service” done? That can be $2k, sticky buttons and vents can seem minor but are not easily or cheaply fixed.

If you really love the car, color and interior and want to be a long time owner, do your due diligence and be prepared to spend some $, if not, you may just be owner number 6 looking for number 7.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree with psb1013, i have had several "4 or 5 previous owner" cars that were very excellent vehicles so I would never use that as a criteria to pass on a car if i really liked it! "Fair" to me would be more in the 40-41k neighborhood, given the year and mileage you listed. At any rate, good luck!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am closing the deal on a Sportline 2015 for 54k at a dealer, 10,000 miles on the car. So you can have a reference point off that. I think you negotiate more on the 2013. And get a PPI! Dont risk without it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everyone,

On the market for a GrantTurismo and wanted to get the communities thoughts on a 13 Granturismo Sport that I am considering. So the car is priced at 46k, has 31k miles, car seems to be clean (e.g. no accidents, clean title, maintained regularly) but has had 5 different owners. Should I be worried about that and is 46k a fair price? Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Ken
I wouldn't consider multiple owners a negative....check the condition and get a PPI. If all checks out, no need to worry about how many hands it has exchanged.

I picked up a 2013 MC with just over 13K miles for $49k earlier this year. MCs usually go for a premium over the Sport trims so if I were you I would definitely be aiming between 40-45k.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank guys, makes sense that having multiple owners should not be a big issue, esp with a regular maintance and an inspection. Where is everyone getting their market values at? The dealership im working with has a no negotitations policy and they advertise that...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would be concerned why five prior owners moved on? I can see wanting to rationalize an opportunity but unless you really know Maseratis or have a thorough PPI by someone who does, your rolling the dice. That said, what stands out is at 30k+ Miles, was the “Big Service” done? That can be $2k, sticky buttons and vents can seem minor but are not easily or cheaply fixed.

If you really love the car, color and interior and want to be a long time owner, do your due diligence and be prepared to spend some $, if not, you may just be owner number 6 looking for number 7.
Previous owners moved on because they got bored. As I mentioned before, most exotic car owners buy cars like these as weekend toys not dailys. That's the reason why you see most Ferrari's and Lambo's with multiple owners and with very little miles. Of course, you still need to do due diligence and get a thorough PPI, but having had multiple owners on an exotic should never be thought of as a scary thing. In some ways, it's actually a good thing since most issues and bugs would've been addressed through the various owners.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank guys, makes sense that having multiple owners should not be a big issue, esp with a regular maintance and an inspection. Where is everyone getting their market values at? The dealership im working with has a no negotitations policy and they advertise that...

I think most like myself are giving you real world examples from personal experience.

If you like the car, and it checks out, get it! Life is too short. Think how lucky we are to even experience and have the ability to own a piece of art like this.

Remember, these cars are never an investment. Its all about the experience!

·
Registered
247 Posts
For a reference point, I just sold my 2013 GT Sport for $41k, it had 35k miles, fully dealer maintained, in excellent condition, but only one owner...

·
Registered
419 Posts
EVERYTHING is negotiable!!!! No matter what anyone advertises! In business, as in life, you get the deal you negotiate. :wink2:
If forking over an extra 3 or 4k is no biggie to you, then go for it. If not, walk away as there will be another fine example ready to show itself. Patience is the key here!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I doubt that they will let you walk just because you want to negotiate. If they won't work with you it says a lot about the dealership.

Ron

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tell 'em you have a check in your pocket for 41.5k and see how fast they abandon that 'non negotiable' policy HA HA HA!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update, they lowered it to a little above 42k. Going to test other cars (Ghibli and Macan), but might pull the trigger on the 13' if I dont like the others. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Pay more attention to where it was serviced between owners. If same dealership serviced the car between owners it could actually be the same owner who had to re-register car or something.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Quick update, they lowered it to a little above 42k. Going to test other cars (Ghibli and Macan), but might pull the trigger on the 13' if I dont like the others. Thanks for your help!
Like i said, "everything is negotiable!" So, good for you....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts