Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
jbondox said:
your killing me... basically you are saying it is playing cd's on a low level balanced output into the factory... what you need to find is the data wire, replicate with a simple resistor between data and ground to turn the input of the headunit on to get stereo input to the unit... or remove the radio and look at the pinout on the connector on the back of it that gives you tv input...

it isn't a science that is not hard.
Thanks for the input! :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
maserati of minneapolis said:
I tried to find their sarcasm user's manual but its not posted on their super-secret interweb service. If I can find it I'll definitely post it for you j.
Wow a subliminal email

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The Head said:
the NIT sould be able to handle 6 cds given that the Becker changer was a 6 disc unit
That would rock! All 5 CD's + NIT CD + AUX!

·
Registered
52 Posts
it isn't super secret ultra pass word protected info... a consumer can down load most of the new stuff at a fee for their vehicle from numerous manufacturers. Or they can purchase the manual.

Actually we have no issues with posting the info besides time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buzz;

It finally got warm enough for me to explore the trunk compartment.:D Everything was exactly as you described. Thanks for providing the inspiration. Have you ordered the trim and mounting brackets yet? Did you get them from your local dealer or from Eurospares?

Gavin

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Buzz;

It finally got warm enough for me to explore the trunk compartment.:D Everything was exactly as you described. Thanks for providing the inspiration. Have you ordered the trim and mounting brackets yet? Did you get them from your local dealer or from Eurospares?

Gavin
Wow. I really helped someone? Cool!

I just velcroed the changer to the trunk for now. I have reverse engineered the Blaupunkt data link (for the most part) and needed to connect my data sniffer back there a few times. I have a PC board in design now and hope to have my AUX jack project complete in a couple of weeks. BTW this project is kicking my ass technically but it's a labor of love :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
If there are any techies out there who care, I have breadboarded a "sniffer" circuit to eavesdrop on the Blaupunkt CDC data path. Turns out the data is an inverted full duplex asynch serial protocol running between 5 volts and ground on pins 1 and 2 of the CDC connector. First blush looks like 4800 baud and 9? data bits. The sniffer consists of a TTL to RS232 receiver on the TX and RX pins going to 2 separate serial ports on a Linux laptop. This way I can watch each side individually to crack the protocol. Cool huh? NERD!!!!!!!!!
were you able to find out more?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why is my mess allways more complicated?

I've a 2002 Spyder that came without the CD changer and although the manual says plainly that my car is not wired for the changer (as was noted earlier for a different year) I looked in the trunk under the mat, on the left side under a metal box and there was an unused 8 pin terminal. So I went to Ebay and bought a used 5 disk changer (model IDC A09.) It came with a blue 8 pin terminal but alas it was a different configuration than the white 8 pin connector in my car. Either I'm not seeing the proper connector in my car, my car doesn't have it as the manual says or in 2002 Maserati used a different terminal and to make mine work I either need an adapter cable or a wiring diagram so I can use different terminals. Any help out there would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've a 2002 Spyder that came without the CD changer and although the manual says plainly that my car is not wired for the changer (as was noted earlier for a different year) I looked in the trunk under the mat, on the left side under a metal box and there was an unused 8 pin terminal. So I went to Ebay and bought a used 5 disk changer (model IDC A09.) It came with a blue 8 pin terminal but alas it was a different configuration than the white 8 pin connector in my car. Either I'm not seeing the proper connector in my car, my car doesn't have it as the manual says or in 2002 Maserati used a different terminal and to make mine work I either need an adapter cable or a wiring diagram so I can use different terminals. Any help out there would be gratefully appreciated.
Here is a picture of the connector of IDC A09. It is for QP07 which plug directly to the back of the head unit. Hopes it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is a picture of the connector of IDC A09. It is for QP07 which plug directly to the back of the head unit. Hopes it helps.
Nope - even more confused. If I have your photos figured out they are the head unit end of the wires from the 8 pin connector that connects to the CD changer. But your two connectors together have 9 wires.

At some point I'll figure out whether to give up on all facets of Maserati audio or just shoot myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope - even more confused. If I have your photos figured out they are the head unit end of the wires from the 8 pin connector that connects to the CD changer. But your two connectors together have 9 wires.

At some point I'll figure out whether to give up on all facets of Maserati audio or just shoot myself.
So sorry for the misleading picture. The 2 picture are actually 1 connector. I inserted a piece of paper between the 2 rows of pin to take both side of the pin.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'll get a pic today for you. You have the correct CDC. The blue connector is a female mini ISO. The one in the trunk is all wound up with a tie-wrap around it. Unfolded, the cable reaches almost to the center of the trunk.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Photos of my mess

I'll get a pic today for you. You have the correct CDC. The blue connector is a female mini ISO. The one in the trunk is all wound up with a tie-wrap around it. Unfolded, the cable reaches almost to the center of the trunk.
Photo 257 is a shot of the left interior of my trunk. Notice there are several unused terminals and the white 8 pin terminal on the floor.

258 is a close up of a couple unused terminals.

259 terminal in car. Although it has places for 10 connection only 8 are used.

260 Blaupunkt IDC AO9 changer. It has 2 terminals. The blue one has 8 pins while the green one is not connected to anything.

Hope the photos are clear enough.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok, first off that connecter on the IDC A09 is wrong for the Maser. There should ONLY be an 8 pin blue mini ISO, not that weird stacked arrangement. Since there are no wires attached to the top connecter, I'm assuming the bottom one IS wired correctly. Can the green connector be cut away? The connector in the trunk is an 8 pin male mini ISO that mates to the blue portion of your connector only. It wont fit with the green one on there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Connectors

Ok, first off that connecter on the IDC A09 is wrong for the Maser. There should ONLY be an 8 pin blue mini ISO, not that weird stacked arrangement. Since there are no wires attached to the top connecter, I'm assuming the bottom one IS wired correctly. Can the green connector be cut away? The connector in the trunk is an 8 pin male mini ISO that mates to the blue portion of your connector only. It wont fit with the green one on there.
I've now separated the green connector from the 8 pin blue connector. (It consists of a row of 3 pins, a middle row of 2 pins and a 3rd row of 3 pins for a total of 8 pins and looks exactly like the drawing of the connector in the Blaupunkt manual.) The 8 pin connector that I found laying on the floor of the trunk, behind the drivers seat is the white connector I've shown in pictures. It will not connect with the blue 8 pin Blaupunkt. I'm beginning to think my car does not have the standard wiring.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I've now separated the green connector from the 8 pin blue connector. (It consists of a row of 3 pins, a middle row of 2 pins and a 3rd row of 3 pins for a total of 8 pins and looks exactly like the drawing of the connector in the Blaupunkt manual.) The 8 pin connector that I found laying on the floor of the trunk, behind the drivers seat is the white connector I've shown in pictures. It will not connect with the blue 8 pin Blaupunkt. I'm beginning to think my car does not have the standard wiring.
Hmmmm. By looking at the pictures, I don't see the connector in the normal spot! The CDC normally mounts by the silver box (ECU). What's that connector that comes out from behind it? What year is your car? US spec?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
After looking at the Eurospares mounting diagram, I believe the cable is there but in a different spot than the coupe. Since the CDC mounts to the bracket behind the driver's seat, I'm guessing the cable is tucked away somewhere behind the driver's seat area. It may be hard to locate because it's usually folded up with a tie wrap around it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
losing hope

After looking at the Eurospares mounting diagram, I believe the cable is there but in a different spot than the coupe. Since the CDC mounts to the bracket behind the driver's seat, I'm guessing the cable is tucked away somewhere behind the driver's seat area. It may be hard to locate because it's usually folded up with a tie wrap around it.
I removed all the interior panels necessary to see all the wires coming into the trunk area. They come into the trunk through the right hand side of the rear firewall. There's 2 main bunches, one goes right to the battery area and the other goes left to the ECM area. I can see all of the wire and there is no bunch that separates off with a connector that'll connect to my changer. The only bunch that separates off and contains 8 wires is the one going to the white connector in the photo. It is folded up with a couple of tie wraps around it. If it came from the factory like this then somewhere there ought to be a description written down for it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
it's possible that it is not pre-wired with a CDC cable. Why not just get one on ebay. The connectors on the CDC will surely fit in conn. on the NIT.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts