Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having been spoiled by the use of a Magellar Roadmate in another car and because I could not stand anymore the Maserati navigation, I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 360 "plug and play" navigation system.

I mounted it first on the windshield in the center of the vent using the standard Nuvi glass mount. It was OK but not great.

Then I purchased some mounts from Proclip proclipusa.com (part# 215165 Nuvi holder and 830530 - adjustable console mount).
With those I mounted the navigator on the passenger side of the Maserati screen. I do not care about accessibility to the phone buttons on that side of the screen as the phone is not available in North America.

The mounting is firm and still I think it is OK with the leather finish. The only "trick" is that I had to bend the "mount" to more closely follow the round shape of the leather in that area. The mount is of some plastic material. I heated it with a pastry torch (for a few seconds) and bent it 15-20 degrees.

I am happy with the setup. The Nuvi is a great navigator. Better than the Magellan, for the size...
(I bought the 360 instead of the 350, because it has Bluetooth that one could use - speaker, mic - with a Bluetooth phone. Sorry to say that part is useless, as the volume and quality of speaker of the 360 in Bluetooth mode is just inadequate in a car somewhat noisy as this. The speaker is fine in navigation mode.)

Now if I can only figure out how to remove the original navigation CD...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I also went aftermarket. I bought a c340 instead (didn't need the extra stuff that came with the Nuvi) and couldn't be happier. I use the windscreen mount, though. I also bought the SD card with the European maps for my trip to Italy. Worked out phenomenally well. Some of the POI information was a bit dated, but the street information was very accurate and helped us find some very "obscure" locations without problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts