Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new (2 me) 2004 CC with an alarm issue...

The buttons on the key (and valet key) don't seem to work. I replaced the batteries (thanks radio shack) to no avail. Also, I don't see any of the dash lights (CODE, etc) referenced in the owners manual. If the keys need replacement wouldn't I still see some indication that the alarm system works? Of course, keys aren't cheap and there is still no guarantee this would fix it. At a minimum I really just want the doors to lock and unlock with popping the trunk as a bonus.

Is there something that the previous owner might have done to disable the alarm for some reason? Any troubleshooting tips for the factory alarm?

Here is an option as well:

I can buy a full featured viper alarm on Amazon for $160 http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5002-Alarm-Blue-Electroluminescent/dp/B001AZW2Y6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235914803&sr=8-2 that would serve my purposes.

Has anybody added an aftermarket alarm to their Maser and if so were there any challenges interfacing with the locks, truck etc?

I appreciate any input or guidance that you may have...thanks!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'd be interested too. Posted a similar problem a week or so ago where I hit the fob but the alarm does activate, it's just that the locks first lock, then pop back unlocked again. So alarm is on but doors are unlocked. The on line analysis, (thank you to those that wrote in), is a new $600 module of some sort. I haven't been to the dealer yet to have it looked at, (2 hours away), but if the issue were easily solved for a buck sixty or so, I'm in!

From IJ:
At a minimum I really just want the doors to lock and unlock...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Key Fob and Keyless Entry

Hello, On my 2002 Spyder I also have a similar problem in that the keyless entry does not work.

The keyless entry is seperate from the starter disable/security system in some ways. The key fob has an RFID chip which is read by the ignition area, without the correctly coded key the car wont start. The alarm module is located in the trunk beside the CD changer. My dealer has tried to program my key again and failed to do so. I don't really care if it works anyway as I mostly drive the car with the top down and don'tr lock the doors anyway.

You could add an afterarket keyless entry very easily for as very small amount of money, but you would have a 2nd transmitter on your key ring...

Try disconecting the battery off for some time and then it may reset the system when you power it back up......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I had the same issue recently on a 2001 3200 GT that I've just bought. For chance, all the repairs were under warranty because they needed to change a lot of things: Alarm Kit, Immobilizer kit, injection ECU (there is a communication between alarm, immobilizer and ECU units), all locks and a lot of hours to replace everything. I dont know the total cost, but there was for more than 3500 euros of parts !

Everything is fine now !

Louis

·
Registered
624 Posts
Not sure bout IJ but for me the question becomes, if i put an aftermarket lock and alarm system in the car, will it fix the fact that the locks don't work properly now - b'c if that Masi module has to be fixed first then it becomes a moot point to fool around with aftermarket..and I'd prefer not to anyway obviously. ScottishLadd, please ask your wife, I like her qualifications better than yours...lol..j/k. Thx! S-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that an aftermarket alarm simply interfaces with the existing power doorlock mechanism. Unfortunately if your central lock switch doesn't work I don't believe an aftermarket is the solution for you. When you are in the car and unlock (or lock) the doors do they stay unlocked (or locked) as you would expect?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think you're right and of course I know deep down that the dealership is probably the right thing to do as a few very certified people on the site have told me already but when I saw your idea I fig'd what the hell, may as well ask a few more questions - when I hit lock on the fob the doors lock and then instantly unlock but the alarm is activated so the car's not completely vulnerable.

I took Scotlads advice and cut off the battery power overnight but that didn't do the trick...so I guess off to the dealer I go...so it's 2 hours, at least it's 2 hours in a Maserati, I could have worse issues in my life..lol.

I know that an aftermarket alarm simply interfaces with the existing power doorlock mechanism. Unfortunately if your central lock switch doesn't work I don't believe an aftermarket is the solution for you. When you are in the car and unlock (or lock) the doors do they stay unlocked (or locked) as you would expect?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts