Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The odometer on my 04 is 11 percent fast. I mentioned this to the techs at Orange County, CA FM and you would have thought I was speaking swaheli (?) er... ebonics. The error affects both the odo and the speedo.
The odo is important as this affects the warranty termination milage.

Also, the coolant smell I mentioned in an earlier is coming from a leaky water pump. Several posts have made reference to a batch of bad water pumps..

I think I am getting familiar enough with the car to be dangerous. I had it in Sports mode and turned off the MSP. You can feel a difference. I am amazed at the attention the car brings everywhere it goes. I truly is a fun car to drive.
Lets get this web site more active if possible. Post your question, experiences, antedotal stories.

Doc 8)

·
Registered
681 Posts
The car has it's quirks but it's been reliable to me, I bought it from Ferrrari/Maser of Central Florida and drove 1500 miles back to Oklahoma. The only problem I've experienced with mine is whenever I run it for to long my dash lights go out and I can't see the speedo and tach at night. Usually I have to run the car for 3-4 hours at a time for this to take effect. It's clearly a shortage because it starts flickering, I just don't want to rip the dash apart.

Right now I have put an average of 1,000 miles a week on it and am nearing my 4th week of ownership. The car is simply a blast to drive and it's my new daily driver (of course I have a backup).

The attention it gets is pretty nice, it doesn't stand out like say a yellow 360 spider but once people see it they really pay attention, it's allways nice to put a smile on a small kid's face. What I like about the Maserati is everyone appreciates the car from young kids to old couples I get thumbs up and waves everywhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll chime in and say, "ditto", except for the parts about the coolant leak and dash lights. For me, it was the interior fan motor going out after 6 weeks of ownership.

Yes, my speedometer is off (or everyone else is doing 90 MPH only when I drive the Maserati on I-95).
Yes, my car accelerates harder in sport mode with the MSP off.
Yes, the car gets looks from everyone (not too far off the Viper surprisingly).
Yes, I would like to see more people on this site and more people informed about how fun these cars are to drive.

Regards,
Sean

·
Registered
824 Posts
That's interesting. My 05 with vintage gauge pack was bang on speedo wise vs my handheld GPS when I drove it up from Salt Lake, at least that's what I remember. I might take it for a run to check.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The portable GPS I take in the car (since the Maser GPS is useless) indicates 65 mph when the Maser's speedo shows 71-72 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Brad
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing