Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful 2015 GT MC was sideswiped by an 18 wheeler. Does anyone have any idea how much will it cost to repair this? Dropped it off at Maserati dealer today for insurance people to come. Dealer told me they will replace the door, not sure about the quarter panel.

Attachments

4,866 Posts
Estimating that repair is gonna be pretty via the internet...The cost of the door can vary as well the labor etc...Is the edge of the quarter panel damaged where the door closes? That may not be good...Can't really use any filler on an edge like that....I wouldn't sweat it...That is what Insurance is for...I would be worried it will take 2 months to get a damn door...J

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Oh man the door replacement alone is an easy $5-7000 on it. That rear quarter is concerning though because the pillar (such as it is) is bent inwards too and that’s usually the welding point for the quarter panel repair. I would guess just based on years of being insurance and a auto body hobbyist, somewhere north of 15-20,000

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
Sorry to see this, and glad that you are ok, but man, that‘s still painful ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone input 👍. I had a feeling it will be close to 20k as well. Still waiting for the 18 wheeler insurance adjuster to come see the damage. I hope they will consider it as totaled. Otherwise I will have to fight for diminished value.
Yeah, it’s painful to see the car in this shape 😭.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
I don’t expect the truck‘s insurance company to give you any crap and to go along with pretty much your wishes re the disposition of this claim ; the reason being that all insurers ( in third party auto accidents / claims ) are so relieved not to face a personal injury claim , which can get more expensive by multiples vs. the car‘s physical damage, that typically they’re much more cooperative . But then again, it’s still an insurance company at its evil core, so one never knows.. just be on guard and if anything seems fishy to you, consult with your insurance company for advice .

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks for everyone input 👍. I had a feeling it will be close to 20k as well. Still waiting for the 18 wheeler insurance adjuster to come see the damage. I hope they will consider it as totaled. Otherwise I will have to fight for diminished value.
Yeah, it’s painful to see the car in this shape 😭.
Doubt it. 20k isn’t even half value. But who knows.

·
Registered
418 Posts
On exotics they might just total it.. because door availability is an issue or maybe they can locate one in the used market. Insurance companies often buy parts from used parts dealers / dismantlers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to give a quick update. My car is total. The bill comes out to be 49k to fix it. Insurance company will give me a payout value tomorrow. My car is 2015 MC with only 20k miles. Autotrader has some for sale between 47K and 51K. Is that what I can expect for the payout value?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just to give a quick update. My car is total. The bill comes out to be 49k to fix it. Insurance company will give me a payout value tomorrow. My car is 2015 MC with only 20k miles. Autotrader has some for sale between 47K and 51K. Is that what I can expect for the payout value?
just remember you aren't required to accept their first offer. if they offer you less than the cost of buying a new one, ask them to show you where you can buy one for their offer. They'll bump it up. you can usually drag it out for 3-6 months if you want to.

or you can take it and buy it back. Honestly my body guy would probably charge 5k to fix that...maybe 10.

4,866 Posts
Let me make a point here if I may..I see a of of people bitch on here about bitch about how much shops charge for something...See that slight damage on that car? That could very easily happen in a car shop when you are shuffling cars all over the place daily...That would be a 49k$ claim on your shop insurance..Liabilty is part of your expense in business....I agree with ST ...You could fix that car for under 10k$ easy...Jason

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
202 Posts
That is a damn shame - the car looks totally drivable, but I bet it will go for an auction and will be up on the road in Canada in no time at all - with clean Canadian history to boot.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,582 Posts
It's going to very hard to find another GT in that spec......I've never seen a yellow GT in person, and I've been to a lot of car meets over the years.

Damn shame indeed.

4,866 Posts
I actually have one in the shop right now in that color...I felt like I was a kid again...Waiting for a school bus.. :rolleyes: J

·
Registered
184 Posts
Next time I get into yet another argument with my insurance agent over high car insurance rates I'll link him here.

Insurance companies don't want to deal with it, so they find a way to total it and get out of it. That is not a $50,000 repair.

·
Registered
500 Posts
best thing to do is find a door in a parts yard and paint it!! That corner is indeed the issue and closeup pics etc are needed. Dent experts can be pretty magical if its minor on stuff like this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats a repair a good shop can fix... no new skin needed...

Jason's right... Here is a $40+ door & wheel skin replacement.....

You should have seen the look on the other drivers face when he realized what he just hit.... doors and fenders are steel..
Its at a Maserati bodyshop...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts