Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased our 2014 QP GTS with 47k miles and perfect Cold AC. Several road trips this month in up to 100+ degree weather and 3,000 miles later all is good, until this week. After normal day of driving, car now has hot air from all vents when turning AC on. Total opposite, like a fuse blew or something. Trying to understand how does it go from 100% to 0%, could this be a fuse? I found fuse box in engine compartment. Looking for a schematic to check relay or fuse. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. In meantime I continue searching. -Cheers

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Just purchased our 2014 QP GTS with 47k miles and perfect Cold AC. Several road trips this month in up to 100+ degree weather and 3,000 miles later all is good, until this week. After normal day of driving, car now has hot air from all vents when turning AC on. Total opposite, like a fuse blew or something. Trying to understand how does it go from 100% to 0%, could this be a fuse? I found fuse box in engine compartment. Looking for a schematic to check relay or fuse. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. In meantime I continue searching. -Cheers
Does it cycle at all, between hot/cold??? Blow cold when the outdoors temp is cool, then blow warm air when the outdoor temp rises??? Or does it just blow hot no matter what the outdoor temp is??? Can you hear/see the compressor kick on when the AC is switched on??? Give more details please...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you timado404 for the reply. The AC does not cycle, Heat definitely works when switching to that, but when switching back to AC just back to hot in all vents left right front back. Our temps here are 80 to 112 degrees so mostly hot all the time (Arizona, USA). Seems like the compressor doesn't kick on or there is a valve not allowing cold air to come in. I am going to check for the cold piping from the compressor, as I saw that in the posts. Will post back soon.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Thank you timado404 for the reply. The AC does not cycle, Heat definitely works when switching to that, but when switching back to AC just back to hot in all vents left right front back. Our temps here are 80 to 112 degrees so mostly hot all the time (Arizona, USA). Seems like the compressor doesn't kick on or there is a valve not allowing cold air to come in. I am going to check for the cold piping from the compressor, as I saw that in the posts. Will post back soon.
You're very welcome... And definitely check as to whether the compressor is kicking on/spinning or not when AC is turned on. That is where I would begin to troubleshoot. Then check that the AC belt is still on the pulleys and that the fuse for the compressor is verified good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts