Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yes, a regulator went out - and I went to get it replaced. The fact that the wrong part was shipped, and I almost tried this myself is the tale for another time. Anyhow, I finally get the car back - and Inotice that my Aucar Gen 1 makes ZERO sound. No music, no radio, BT...nothing.

It really seemed like a software issue...maybe a blown fuse. So what do you do? Reset the battery right? Well...it didnt work.

At this point, the AC stopped working (after the battery reset).

I found a thread that mentioned this could be fixed by a battery reset. Anyhow, I plugged in my code reader (second time), and this time when I scanned the system, the music popped back online. Stereo works YAY.

I honestly expected the AC to come back online within a few miles of driving, but it hasnt. Does anybody have any ideas? I literally picked the car up from getting the window fixed, had the stereo issue - and then the AC issue. Obviously, I can take it in to look at it, but it really sounds like a CANBUS error/fault. The stero issue was even wierder. I wonder whether it's Aucar related.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the Aucar a/c panel installed in your car? That has a bug which requires plugging in the original a/c panel after battery is disconnected.
Thanks for asking - but I do not. I've heard about that bug - so was thinking maybe the same sort of thing. That climate control display that pops on the screen when the gen 1 boots up always got me thinking why?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would guess the shop unplugged the battery while doing the regulator replacement and all your functions just havent reset correctly yet?

I would try the battery reset again for a little bit longer. Unplug BOTH negative and positive connections for maybe an hour then plug it back in and go for a 5-15 minute drive for all the systems to resync (I know when the battery is unplugged for a while the window safety down and door lock functions dont work correctly until you drive the car a couple of times.)

otherwise maybe they didnt unplug the battery and shorted something in which case checking the fuses would be the next step.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I unplugged the battery overnight, and when I started it back up I was able to pull a code off the autel - "B1973 - Compressor invalid signal - sensor in error condition"

I'm bringing the car back to my indy next week. He said the information is helpful. "Possibly low AC charge, pressure switch disabling AC compressor. Best to Evac and recharge to confirm, then reset fault"

The timing is so strange though popping up after the issue with Aucar having no sound after the window regulator replacement.

I guess, we'll see....

@[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta have you ever seen this fault?

·
Super Moderator
5,465 Posts
Wierd timing in it though...
Common fallacy ;) It might be linked but you sure as hell didn't let the gas out changing the regulator. I'd be stunned if you managed to hit any of the AC systems (except maybe the exterior temp sensor) while working on a door :)

C

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(except maybe the exterior temp sensor) while working on a door :)

C
Funny you mention it. That sensor is one of the causes for the AC code I have. (B1973)

Also - I picked up the car and it had no sound, when that fault was cleared, AC went out. I know you think there's no connection, but I dunno, I know the car pretty well. Either way, thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we recharged the AC today to see if that would do it - but no dice.

Anybody have any other ideas, tomorrow the shop is going to start testing the AC components...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts