Maserati Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Checked all of the relays in the battery area - they all seemed secure but I gave them all a good push to make sure. I did the same with the relays on the passenger side. Buzz, when you corrected your problem was the relay obviously loose, or did you just remove and reseat all of them in order to solve the problem? Didn't check the ones in the engine compartment but I will. Battery only a few months old so hopefully that isn't the issue.

I'll take it for a spin (weather permitting) and report back. If no luck I'll arrange for service and let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks again.
I just reseated everything. My troubleshooting is a little embarrasing. I was on my way home from picking up a last minute frozen turkey for Thanksgiving when I made a hard left u-turn. When the turkey slammed against the battery box cover she lit up like a christmas tree (albiet a month early) :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I was on my way home from picking up a last minute frozen turkey for Thanksgiving when I made a hard left u-turn. When the turkey slammed against the battery box cover she lit up like a christmas tree (albiet a month early) :)
Turkey & doughnuts - now that's a southern Thanksgiving. lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think you solved my problem, Buzz. I went through all of the relays I could find, gave them all a good push to make sure they were secure. Drove the car for about 150 miles today - no warning lights! You and your frozen turkey saved me lots of time and aggravation, thanks so much.

It will be interesting to find out if the FD scan tool will have the ability to help with similar situations.

I appreciate everyone's responses to this thread.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Turkey & doughnuts - now that's a southern Thanksgiving. lol
LOL! Rubber donuts! If it makes you feel any better about the southern thing, I did fry it (of course AFTER it thawed out) :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I think you solved my problem, Buzz. I went through all of the relays I could find, gave them all a good push to make sure they were secure. Drove the car for about 150 miles today - no warning lights! You and your frozen turkey saved me lots of time and aggravation, thanks so much.

It will be interesting to find out if the FD scan tool will have the ability to help with similar situations.

I appreciate everyone's responses to this thread.
Hey Auf,

That what the forum is for! These knuckleheads have helped me out numerous times!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
LOL! Rubber donuts! If it makes you feel any better about the southern thing, I did fry it (of course AFTER it thawed out) :)

I was referring to the donuts you were apparently pulling in the road, which caused the turkey to slam into the battery box. :D

And, I've never tried that deep-fried turkey thing; but if I did, I think I'd have to stick the car theme & go this route...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was referring to the donuts you were apparently pulling in the road, which caused the turkey to slam into the battery box. :D

And, I've never tried that deep-fried turkey thing; but if I did, I think I'd have to stick the car theme & go this route...
Yeah, that's what I meant by rubber donuts. No wonder I need new tires all the time! That picture is pretty funny but frying turkeys in the garage is bad news; those pots of oil tend to spontaneously combust after a few beers :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi, did you ever find out the problem. My car is doing the same thing. I believe it a speed sensor on one of the wheels. Let me know your findings
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Followed Buzz's advice and all is now well. Seems that one of the relays was loose, although I'm not sure which one it was. Basically I just located all of the relays as illustrated in the owner's manual (forgot to do the F1 relay, though) and gave them all a good push. Warning lights never came back.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I received this warning today for the 1st time, 10 seconds after starting the car. It was particularly cold here so maybe that's related.

I turned the car off for 30 seconds then back on and haven't seen the light since. I now find myself worrying about this every time I turn on the car. These things tend to become REAL issues when you're located somewhere inconvenient. I know it would be best to have a dealer check it out but that's intensely inconvenient for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ABS and MSP warning fault code C1205

Fault code C1205
any ideas been told it is a sensor and also been told it is a faulty wiring near the hydraulic abs unit. Anyone else had this fault code?

Thank k you

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fault code C1205
any ideas been told it is a sensor and also been told it is a faulty wiring near the hydraulic abs unit. Anyone else had this fault code?

Thank k you
C1205 for a Ferrari F430 is FRONT LH SPEED SENSOR: ELECTRICAL ERROR I'd look there to start. Check connections first. The speed sensor is on the wheel hub.

What did you use to read this code?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fault code C1205

Thank k you
C1205 for a Ferrari F430 is FRONT LH SPEED SENSOR: ELECTRICAL ERROR I'd look there to start. Check connections first. The speed sensor is on the wheel hub.

What did you use to read this code?
I used a foxwell NT650

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Coupe now has the lighs on.
I change the brake pads cause a got the warning light
Bought one at rock auto 2005 MASERATI COUPE 4.2L V8 Brake Pad | RockAuto
When I start to install the connector for the PAD SENSOR WARNING was different, I cut and rewire again.
No lights at all when I start , but when I brake hard the light come ON. Now it's been on all day long.

5,611 Posts
It is best to start new threads for an issue and not jump on these old ones honestly...Jason

Reactions: Rc2211

·
Registered
4200 GT
51 Posts
This thread has run 7 run...
Regardless of the fact the ABS dash light on my facelift 4200 resets everytime I cycle the ignition, does the ECU store a code that can be retrieved by SD2/3..?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I check the fuse, and the right place is on the engine bay left side behind the engine.
check also the relays by the trunk.
I figure what happen! After wash the engine!
I believe some water cause damage on my ABS MODULE. So I’ll probably have to take of and send to someone to get fix! I clean the conector and test power alright! Check with scan and got the code C1266 PUMP MOTOR.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts