Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered $20k off on a new leftover 2005 coupe with Cambio at a dealer.
The car list for $100,352. Is this a good deal or should I try for more off?
I drove a 2002 6 speed, and the Cambio, but was leaning towards the 6 speed based on the costs to maintain the cambio. I actually prefered driving the cambio. I plan on driving it year round and put snows on for the winter in New England. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
242 Posts
How long are you planning on keeping the car? Although its controversial, I think you end up losing more on the 6-speed when it comes to selling the car.
Also, very low miles '05's can be had for low $70's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on keeping it 4-5 years or longer depending on its reliability.
I should look at slightly used '05's.
Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Experience in Houston: 04 Coupe had sticker price 100k and dealer finally accepted 79k in February of 05.

·
Registered
773 Posts
choice

go for cc, my first and i would have it no other way, 02 spyder. great on track or road. worried about later value, you will never be happy. enjoyment high on list, you will always be happy. wish you the best

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does it have the full 48 month warranty? Or did they "punch it" a few months ago to start the clock ticking on the warranty? If they did, the factory may have given the dealer some major discount on some 2006 stock, in which case I think you could perhaps do even better on the '05's price.

Cambiocorsa. No question.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont really know if this is out of place but we have two 05 spyders. Both CC tranny. One with 1300 miles, and one with 230 miles. Both can be had for 31k off sticker. Both untitled cars. One is silver, one is red.

go to www.maseratiofminneapolis.com

click on spyder.

Thanks,

Taryn

·
Registered
43 Posts
ceegar said:
I have been offered $20k off on a new leftover 2005 coupe with Cambio at a dealer.
The car list for $100,352. Is this a good deal or should I try for more off?
I drove a 2002 6 speed, and the Cambio, but was leaning towards the 6 speed based on the costs to maintain the cambio. I actually prefered driving the cambio. I plan on driving it year round and put snows on for the winter in New England. Any suggestions?
We are neighbors! - I just sent you a PM.

$80K for a new 2005 w/full warranty sounds approx. right. But you might be able to haggle a bit more.

Cambio maintainence need not be a worry. There are very few people who had problems, and in any case, all is covered for the 4 year warranty.

As far as driving year round and snows - I would not recommend it. Salt, potholes (Boston cost me 2 bent wheels in 2004!), generally poor traction will all make it a very painful winter car. The only winter-driver that I have come across is a Swiss guy (Lionel?) - who puts winter/snow tires on his car, and presumably enjoys better road conditions in Switzerland than in Boston.

- Jon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jon,
Did not receive PM.
Good point about snow. I may end up buying a winter car after the first snow.
I am self employed, so if conditions are bad I don't have to go anywhere.
What town are you in?

Jason

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jason,

A recommendation re potholes...

I found that the wheels are much more resistant to potholes with the tires at 36-38 psi (cold) all round vs. the 30 psi that the dealer uses.

Enjoy your new car!

- Jon

·
Registered
173 Posts
ricambi_originali said:
Jason,

....I found that the wheels are much more resistant to potholes with the tires at 36-38 psi (cold) all round vs. the 30 psi that the dealer uses.....
But you will have problem with uneven wear of the tires. I tend to over inflat my tires a few PSI more than the spec. and now I get uneven wear tires on my car. The middle of the tires wear out more than the side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts