Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order a GP (very excited) and would like to seek some advice re my exterior/interior/options choices....

My current selections are:
- exterior/Palladio; "sport package": 19" wheels, drilled brake discs, etc.
- interior/Beige leather, Cuoio piping and stiching, black dashboard, black carpet, walnut/briarwood w/inlay, Beige Alcantara headlining; black steering wheel

My questions are:
1. Dashboard: the dealer recommends the two-toned, black dashboard/beige leather combination. Principal reason given is a beige dashboard might cause glare in strong sun (I live in Asia). Is this really a valid concern?

2. Piping: anyone can comment on whether Cuoio piping works well on Beige? or if piping even looks good/appropriate on the QP (as opposed to classic British cars like Bentley or Jag?)?

3. Drilled Brake Discs: the dealer suggests they are more "noisy" when braking. Is it true? Does it matter?

4. Any general comment/experiece on how my selected combination works or doesn't? Any suggestions/pictures to help me decide would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i would suggest getting the Sport GT all the way, instead of just the sports package.
i have a mono tone avorio interior, and yes, if you have a lighter color dash, it will glare. my dealer has one with a curio dash and it glares too.
not only does it glare at daytime, it glares at night.
every street light you pass under, it will flash, and then darkens, flash again.
extremely annoying. but it does look good.

my drilled brakes didnt squeak too much in the beginning but now it is constantly squeaking at all times.... needs to be checked out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
M! said:
my drilled brakes didnt squeak too much in the beginning but now it is constantly squeaking at all times.... needs to be checked out.
Spray the brakes with water under fairly strong pressure (not a pressure washer). The brake dust collects and causes the squeal, and this will fix it. All of my cars with high performance brakes have done that, and they have all been remedied with this fix (assuming you still have decent life left from your pads and rotors)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Regarding the interior: The glare of a lighter dash will definitely affect your vision. If you are adverse to a black dash, another darker color could substitute and help you avoid the problem with the glare.

I'm assuming that when you say Paladio, it's the Grigio Paladio? Is that the grey-blue color? If so, it's a spectacular color. Here are some other color combination ideas:

Navy Dash with Black steering wheel. Beige leather with Navy piping and stitching. Navy carpets OR Cuoio carpets. Beige alcantara. Have a look at the color combo in the 250GT Ferrari attachment for the Cuoio carpet idea (if it's the same).

Or... Navy Dash with Black wheel. Cuoio or Cuoio sella leather with Navy piping and Avorio stitching. Navy Carpets or Cuoio carpets. Beige headliner.

IMHO, the cuoio and cuoio sella would make this a VERY rich contrast to the Paladio.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
here are a few pics of QP interiors for you to check out. I have more of the coupe's as well if you want to see what some of the different color combos look like together?

(also I do have a couple of grigio palladio cars, one I believe has a cuoio based interior, I can snap a couple pictures of this for you in the next couple of days if you would like.)

- Mark

·
Registered
909 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
(also I do have a couple of grigio palladio cars, one I believe has a cuoio based interior, I can snap a couple pictures of this for you in the next couple of days if you would like.)
Note: I am not trying to sell you a car, since I am not in sales. Just trying to help how I can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark,
Thanks so much.
1) the first picture you posted, is that interior Beige or Avorio? What is the color of the trim on that one?
2) "more pictures of exterior/Grigio Palladio, interior/cuoio" - that would be great, thanks!
dtc888

·
Registered
909 Posts
That color is Avorio, with bordeaux piping

Which trim are you referring to - I assume you mean the wood - Which I believe is the rosewood, but I will have to double check.

I believe this car was set up essentially the same as the Neimann Marcus special edition cars.

I will take a look at the Grigio Palladio cars as soon as I have a chance tomorrow and snap some pictures for you.

- Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark,
1) I meant piping , not the trim, which you answered.
2) Any pictures/samples of beige interior would be great, especially if you have any references and advice re the piping and stiching. What works well with Beige? Beige interior v Avorio? Some say Cuoio works best against Palladio?
3) Pictures of Palladio cars would be great!
Thanks for all the help.
dtc888

·
Registered
196 Posts
I abhor piping. Too "boudoir" like for my taste. It seems however quite popular in the US.
I love the Sella Cuoio. I sometimes see a QPIII with a total sella cuoio interior. Very rich colour, love it.
The avoirio is too light for my taste, and looks dirty too soon. The grey is too grey, and the black, yes indeed, way to black for my likes.
I think that I am taking a shine to the new "piano black" option for the wood trim however. It looks great on my monitor. How does it look in RL?

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dolle,

The Piano Black is intriguing and I was looking at it with the Sella in a Sport GT. Not sure what tune it would play with the carbon fiber on the interior though.

Thank you very much

Fury

·
Registered
909 Posts
1) 19" Ball-polished Rims: how do they look in real life? would they go well with Grigio Palladio exterior, you think? better than the regular 19"? if just "different", how so?

sorry for the tough questions. Actually saw a black QP on your website with the wheels on and looked great; but they seemed to be "shinier" than the regular rims, yet on the Maserati.com car configurator they supposedly seem "darker"...?

2) I think I am going to stick with the beige interior with Cuoio Sella piping. I will also have the black dashboard, black carpeting, black steering wheel. (I was tempted to go with the Cuoio interior, actually, but decided I would like the more neutral, lighter color scheme in the long run). You have seen so many of these in real life. What do you think?

3) besides the piping, should I even order special colored stiching? seems it would get too busy?

I am assuming you are referring to the grigio palladio\cuoio sella car (Stock # MS1032 ) featured on your website? It looks very nice with the piping, but I think the sella is a bit too heavy for me. Hence I would like your views on Cuoio interior (w or without piping, what colored piping, etc.) v Beige interior (again, w or without piping, what colored piping, etc.).
Appreciate you taking the time to help!
Tks,
DTC
DTC - Ball polished vs. standard rims. They are definately more shiny in real life. Like chrome with a clearcoat. With Grigio Palladio, I really think the standard 19" wheels look better. The ball polished wheels look best on the black and bordeaux cars.. Basically just picture chrome on the car.

With the Palladio, I really like the Cuoio Sella \ Cuoio based schemes best. This is all personal preference of course, but I think the richness of the Cuoio's really goes well with the Palladio paint. It happens that the car I took pics of for this is a Grigio Palladio \ Cuoio Sella \ Black dash and carpet \ Black piping. I think the stitching does get a bit busy in the QP, however it does look good with certain schemes. With the Palladio \ Cuoio configuration I think piping and stitching would be too busy.

That said, the Cuoio leather seems more rich, and has more depth to it. I think this goes really well with the depth (metallic flake) in what is an otherwise uninteresting color - gray.

I think we may have a car with a Cuoio or Beige based interior, I will look into this tomorrow, and see if I can get some more pics for you. I may also have some hidden on the hard drive here somewhere too..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Mark. You have been most helpful.

I will stick with the regular 19" rims - I take what you are saying.

I am still leaning toward the beige interior just because I have always been partial to lighter interior colors; it would be great if you (or others reading this post?) happen to come across pictures of the palladio/beige combination. Many thanks.
dtc

·
Registered
15 Posts
some nice snaps boys.. heres my colour combo which some may find unattractive, but i simply love it! if you fancy it, you should consider this one.
Its deffinately unique... at least in my country... lol.. baby blue metallic exterior.

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice to see finally a piano black... seems like this will be a trendy interior option. the steering wheel is also in piano black!? nice!
(mark, can you get a picture of the driver's perspective?)

however, i find black interior doesn't highlight the quality of a maserati's interior; even black leather seems less luxurious, soft and comfortable than cuoio or etc.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'll try to get a driver's perspective photo tomorrow. The steering wheel is also piano black. Certain aspects of it, I really like - I think the steering wheen, parking brake handle, above the dash with the quattroporte badge, and up near the clock look great. One drawback to this, as that like black paint its gonna be hard to keep clean. This had been cleaned the day before, and there was already a decent amount of fuzz \ dust on the surface. I think fingerprints will also be more obvious.

Personally, I prefer the Cuoio leathers, with the beautiful wood grains. I think these combo's bring out the luxury and richness of the interior.

I am excited to see one of the Sport GT cars though. The carbon fiber intrigues me, but it makes me wonder if it will be the equivelant of the tech fabric in the Gran Sport.

- Mark

·
Registered
909 Posts
OK, so I haven't had a chance to do the driver's perspective photo yet, but in the meantime here is a photo of the standard and ball-polished wheels side by side. This was inside, with indirect light. There will be a larger difference in direct sunlight.

- Mark

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts