Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

After a couple of years of CLK ownership I'm about to liven up my life a little (OK, a lot) and take the plunge. My mind is made up and I'm trying to find myself a nice 03/04 Coupe CC. Previously I've been fortunate to own a 993, a 996, a Lotus Esprit V8SE, an old but charming 'vette and various other marques. All were fantastic in their own ways (even the 993!), but nothing has compared to the experience of driving the Coupe. I was hooked as soon as we pulled off the forecourt. (I'm sure this sounds quite familiar.)

A quick but very genuine thank you to all whom have posted in this forum. The wealth of information available has been invaluable to me in terms of researching the marque and finding the right spec. You've all unknowingly persuaded me NOT to buy the 997 after all. AFN will be upset.

So far I must have inspected almost every thread so I hope the load on the server hasn't been too great... :)

I'm in the UK and will be buying from Maranello (Egham), providing that they can find me the right car at the right price. I wondered whether any of the other UK listers are nearby, and if so have experience of Maranello from any perspective? All comments welcomed, good or bad.

Looking forward to telling you all about my new toy...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard. I've now had my '03 4200 CC for about 18 months and love it. They are special cars - I bet you cant wait!

I have had excellent service from Paul Train at Dick Lovett Maserati / Ferrari in Swindon - if you are still looking, give him a call.

Tim

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good move JJ. I almost pulled the trigger on a Yellow 997 before landing this beauty and have never looked back. It is leagues above a P. car in many aspects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stardoc :D Nuvolari - That's the colour I'm after - what a great choice! Any pics for me to drool over?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stardoc :D Nuvolari - That's the colour I'm after - what a great choice! Any pics for me to drool over?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome aboard! I hope your next post is "Check out my new Maserati!"

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
My first Post...

I hope I am replying to the guy from the UK upgrading from a CLK. I have a CLK55 AMG with 1 week left on the lease. Before that, I drove a 993 cabriolet. On Saturday I picked up my new '06 Gransport. I custom ordered it about 5 months ago.

I have only driven the car 60 miles, but it is a definately NOT a German car. It is bed-time here, and all I can tell you is that I can not wait to get up tomorrow morning to drive to work!

I am going to try and attatch a photo....

good luck finding your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts