Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Immediate Release:

Italian Cars, Inc. in coordination with Maserati SpA is proud to announce that the guest of honor for the 2009 Maserati Owners National Meet and Historic Reunion will be long time factory Historian Ermanno Cozza.

Starting as a motorman repairer apprentice rising to become the Historical archive analyst and Historical restoration consultant, Sig. Cozza’s career with Maserati spans over 50 years and 4 ownership groups: This rare appearance by Sig Cozza outside of Italy will coincide with the 70th Anniversary of Maserati’s Historic back to back victories in the Indianapolis 500. As part of this Anniversary Celebration we have arranged with the Indianapolis Speedway Museum to display that most famous Maserati 8CTF – “The Boyle Special”

The Maserati Owners National Meet and Historic Reunion at Le Belle Macchine d’Italia has become “THE” event for Maserati Collectors, Historians and Enthusiasts in North America, bringing together stunning displays from the House of Trident that haven’t been seen anywhere else in the world. Highlights include last year’s event which featured a first time ever display of an example of each Tipo Maserati Birdcage, the 2004 event which featured the largest gathering of the legendary 450S’ in over 40 years and the 2006 event that brought together all three 8CTFs for the first time since 1948 along with a wide selection of racing Maserati from as early as 1928.

In addition to the Boyle Special this year’s event will feature a broad selection of Historic Maseratis with an emphasis on the iconic 300S sports racer.

The event will take place from June 19 – 22, 2009 at the Skytop Lodge in Skytop, PA and Pocono International Raceway in Long Pond, PA.

On-Line Registration is now open to be part of this momentous occasion, a must for any true Maserati enthusiast. Please visit the event website at www.italiancarsatpocono.com to register. Special Rates apply until March 31, 2009.

Italian Cars, Inc.

www.italiancarsatpocono.com

Attachments

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I can attest that this is a must attend event if there is any way possible for you to make it. I was blown-away by the quality of the event and the 350+ Italian cars in attendance. The venue is amazing - top of the Poconos Mountains against a beautiful stone resort as backdrop. Then, you have the opportunity of a lifetime to take your car out on the track for two days of fun! Jeff and a few of us here were there last year. I'd really like to see more of us out this year. Maybe we could stage an ML get-together for dinner or something and get the chance to meet in person! :D

I'm going. Anyone else?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I can attest that this is a must attend event if there is any way possible for you to make it. I was blown-away by the quality of the event and the 350+ Italian cars in attendance. The venue is amazing - top of the Poconos Mountains against a beautiful stone resort as backdrop. Then, you have the opportunity of a lifetime to take your car out on the track for two days of fun! Jeff and a few of us here were there last year. I'd really like to see more of us out this year. Maybe we could stage an ML get-together for dinner or something and get the chance to meet in person! :D

I'm going. Anyone else?
Vicenzo,

It looks like a great event and I would love to go - the problem is distance. It is about 2000 miles as the crow flies one way. Does this event ever happen in the West?

I am going to mull it over. I love road trips but I am not sure if I want to spend 10 days on the road in transit.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vicenzo,

It looks like a great event and I would love to go - the problem is distance. It is about 2000 miles as the crow flies one way. Does this event ever happen in the West?

I am going to mull it over. I love road trips but I am not sure if I want to spend 10 days on the road in transit.

10 days on the Road? I do Monterey every year, it is a 3,000 mile trip each way. We do it in 48 hours coast to coast.

Each year we take a different route, 40 across the South, 70 thru the middle of the country and 80 & 90 in the North. We haven't done 10 yet across the Deep South or 94 across the Northern most part of the country. It's the ultimate road trip

Drive for 20 hours averaging 70ish, sleep for 8, drive another 20 and you're there. Just take along lots of Red Bull.

·
Registered
744 Posts
10 days on the Road? I do Monterey every year, it is a 3,000 mile trip each way. We do it in 48 hours coast to coast.

Each year we take a different route, 40 across the South, 70 thru the middle of the country and 80 & 90 in the North. We haven't done 10 yet across the Deep South or 94 across the Northern most part of the country. It's the ultimate road trip

Drive for 20 hours averaging 70ish, sleep for 8, drive another 20 and you're there. Just take along lots of Red Bull.
Agree that is quite possible on your own or if you have very empathetic other. Not sure how a more typical female companion would feel about that schedule though. Mine is based on avoiding a one week divorce.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks like a blast!

I'm going to sign up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This event is a spectacular treat for any Maserati owner or enthusiast. You will meet many of the people who belong to this forum and see once-in-a-lifetime vintage Maseratis as well as virtually every current model. I'll be there again!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
I'm planning on attending again - Jeff installed my larini while there. I didn't do any track time - maybe this year if I can get the springs done in time.

A ML lunch or dinner might be a good idea as well.

Also guys - the 3 day Hemmings' New England Concourse d'Elegance (starts on July 17th) has Maserati as this years featured marque. Day 1 is a drive from Hemmings HQ in Bennington VT to Stratton Mountain - the event location.

Day 2 is an open show and day 3 is the concourse on the 18th fairway

Both locations have some good winding driving opportunites through beautiful country side

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see anything about rates for the hotel, or a place to register with them - do you contact them separately?
Yes contact the hotel directly 800-345-7759, ask for Janet in Group Sales. Tell her you are registered for the Italian car event.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree that is quite possible on your own or if you have very empathetic other. Not sure how a more typical female companion would feel about that schedule though. Mine is based on avoiding a one week divorce.
Actually 2 years ago my usual driving partner had to cancel at the last minute. So I decided to ask my wife and daughter to take the trip. After they agreed, I realized it was either going to be a good trip or a very bad one.

Luckily it turned out to be a very good one and we did it again the last year. The trips had their moments, (such as not understanding that while I knew I was going to have to make additional "Pit Stops", I didn't know that it was to included waking up a sleeping wife before we passed a rest area!).

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Poconos

Gentleman, This is certainly a quality event and blast... you'll really want to get setup early and make plans to get up to the Skytop Lodge.

It's a fun social Italian Car Event that will allow you to really enjoy life and enjoy your Maserati... lets face it, this is what the good life is all about.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think I am going to have to get there. Is it easier to fly into Newark or Philly?

Also, any updates on cars that will be there?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I am going to have to get there. Is it easier to fly into Newark or Philly?

Also, any updates on cars that will be there?
Newark. A couple of 450S', 300S, 8C3000, the Boyle Special, a couple of Birdcages, some GT cars and hopefully a lot of Modern Era cars.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
First time attender last year...this is now the highlight of my summer. Not to be missed. Top notch and very well done in every detail all the way down to the piped-in Frank Sinatra music.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds fantastic. I will see if I can convince any other non-locals to join me.
There is always a group of owners that drive in from the Mid-West in various exotic cars.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I really hate to say that Im probably going to have to miss this for the second year in a row. Unless I can convince my brother-in-law (a 599 owner) to take the trip out to PA directly after his flight arrives from Singapore, I'll be waiting for photos to pop up on youtube. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts