Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have to buy a car now, but then the CLK is coming out with a new model in 07 or maybe 08. I really like the looks, interior and power of the maserati coupe. However, the only thing i am afraid of is its reliability. I don't know, if I buy used Maserati from authorized dealer, would it be pretty reliable. I've heard things about its parts being same price as ferrari, how expensive is that more precisely?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Go for the CLK, german cars are so reliable, so sporty, so exclusive. The Maserati are only for wannabe or girls...

By the way I will probably sign for my second Coupé, a GT with less than 20'000 km :wink:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hehe, yes, compared to the Maser. the CLK is manly, sporty, ultra-responsive, exclusive and reliable. Just ask my friend who ended up returning his CLK after it spent more time in the shop than on the road.
No brainer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Even if the MB gets reliable by 2007 still all will do is sit in your garage awaiting for you to issue it commands. Then it will follow those commands to the letter.

However, late at night the Maser will whisper to you from the garage, beckoning you to come out and play, maybe get into to a little mischief with her.

Italian mistress or German Shepard. Both are good things, but not for the same purpose.

Which ever revs your engine I guess.

Gotta go, I hear my QP whispering . . .

lill_vince said:
I really have to buy a car now, but then the CLK is coming out with a new model in 07 or maybe 08. I really like the looks, interior and power of the maserati coupe. However, the only thing i am afraid of is its reliability. I don't know, if I buy used Maserati from authorized dealer, would it be pretty reliable. I've heard things about its parts being same price as ferrari, how expensive is that more precisely?

·
Registered
681 Posts
The CLK is very unreliable. At least get an SL.

·
Registered
835 Posts
hate to make it sound bias, but don't get a mercedes period. I used to be very proud driving around my old E55... got rid of it over a year ago. MB has lots of gadgets that most cars don't and they do look nice but the quality on those cars have gotten so bad that not very many people are buying them anymore. Did you know that Mercedes had a negative income on their balance sheet 2 quarters ago? maserati is completely different animal. you can't compare the two side by side.

·
Registered
835 Posts
and you are right, the up keep on maserati is a lot more than mercedes... way more. If you are not planning to spend a whole lot of money on a car. Get the CLK! scheduled maintanance are part of the warranty. As for maser...the first 6K cost about $490...the second one, some said on this forum, 4 times more.

·
Registered
742 Posts
CLK or MaZ?

I leased an 99 and an 02 CLK 430. Both cars were a lot of fun to drive and neither had any service issues. That being said, I bought an 04 white Maserati Coupe with all the bells and whistles and a Tubi. It had 1,000 miles on it. I actually plan on putting 100,000. This car is a keeper.

There just is no comparison. I was planning on buying a used CL500 then I drove the Maserati. Its not a little nicer... Its in an entire different league than a CLK. The CLK is a nice car. The Maserati is stunning exotic with all kinds of ballz.. Its engaging to drive.

As far as reliability and service, the Maserati will certainly cost you more. My dealer in NJ quoted me $350.00 for the 6K service. The 12.5K is a little more. The 18K should be around 1,500 - 2,000... However a new clutch is about $2,000 and goes around the 20K - 30K mile range. Brakes and tires are reasonable.

Bottom line, if you buy this car you should plan on saving 100 - 150 each month for the required service costs. If thats in your budget, forget about the CLK...

These cars depreciate soo much which makes them great buys. You get a lot of bang for under 70,000K. And you are in a class with Ferrari... The interior is MUCH nicer then my old benz and you have a back seat....

Good luck with your decision. CM

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: CLK or MaZ?

chris7469 said:
I leased an 99 and an 02 CLK 430. Both cars were a lot of fun to drive and neither had any service issues. That being said, I bought an 04 white Maserati Coupe with all the bells and whistles and a Tubi. It had 1,000 miles on it. I actually plan on putting 100,000. This car is a keeper.

There just is no comparison. I was planning on buying a used CL500 then I drove the Maserati. Its not a little nicer... Its in an entire different league than a CLK. The CLK is a nice car. The Maserati is stunning exotic with all kinds of ballz.. Its engaging to drive.

As far as reliability and service, the Maserati will certainly cost you more. My dealer in NJ quoted me $350.00 for the 6K service. The 12.5K is a little more. The 18K should be around 1,500 - 2,000... However a new clutch is about $2,000 and goes around the 20K - 30K mile range. Brakes and tires are reasonable.

Bottom line, if you buy this car you should plan on saving 100 - 150 each month for the required service costs. If thats in your budget, forget about the CLK...

These cars depreciate soo much which makes them great buys. You get a lot of bang for under 70,000K. And you are in a class with Ferrari... The interior is MUCH nicer then my old benz and you have a back seat....

Good luck with your decision. CM
Exactly my point Chris. How can you buy a Benz when you can own something that takes your breath away. I've never owned a Benz but I really don't believe it would excite me much. Anytime I see my Maserati it's just this feeling I get that no other cars can give me. It's just WOW this is really mine.

When you sit in it everything is so comfortable and luxurious. Then you turn the key and as soon as that Ferrari made V8 fires up you feel like a little kid on Christmas. And then just driving it is so fun. Wether you're on some backroads just listening to that V8 scream with an ear to ear smile. Or driving around town comfortably and putting smiles on so many faces and just watching the different reactions the car puts on peoples faces. The Maserati is somethin magical and as long as it stays $50-70k there is no way anyone contemplating the decision should even ask if the Benz is a worthy competitor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mas versus Benz

The Benz is an appliance. Basically an Accord for rich people. There is nothing wrong with it but there is no reason to WANT one either. And I even like the looks of the CLK but driving one cured me of buying it.

Whoever wrote that the Maserati whispers to you from the garage has it right. It beckons and rewards you for driving it. It is not the fastest car out there and not the best handling vehicle but it has a soul and passion that is unmatched by any other car except Ferrari.

I love my poor man's Ferrari (03 CC Coupe). If you don't feel this way the second you drive a Maserati, don't buy one because you will never understand. The day I test drove one, I bought it and 34K miles later, I still love every second I get to drive it.

Good luck with your choice. No one can make it for you. This is a Maserati forum so you can guess what most of us think you should do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts