Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine owns a car wash and detailing place, I went to see him about my blurry rear glass. He told me to simply apply wax to the plastic, so I did, everything buff's right out and it starts to look new again.

Another tip, great way to clean the inside is to open the convertible top about half way, stop it there and very easily get to wash the inside of it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I dont have the spyder but I seem to remember that opening and stopping the roof midway can mess up the electrical mechanism so a complete new roof is required which is very expensive. I used T-cut for the rear plastic window for another car and came up quite well. DO NOT USE SOLVENT BASED PRODUCTS!! It will cloudy the window plastic!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have the spyder but I seem to remember that opening and stopping the roof midway can mess up the electrical mechanism so a complete new roof is required which is very expensive. I used T-cut for the rear plastic window for another car and came up quite well. DO NOT USE SOLVENT BASED PRODUCTS!! It will cloudy the window plastic!!
Yeah, as I cleaned it, I had the car running and did it as quickly as possible, total of maybe 45 seconds or so. I never actually heard it mentioned but was definitely cautious about it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Meguiar's plastic polishes work well - maybe try a boating store for this combo:

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/megplascar.html

Also, I have partially opened my top to clean the rear window many times with success. And one other time that it confused the software and required going through the manual closing procedure to get it working again. Now I'm gun shy about it.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
I dont have the spyder but I seem to remember that opening and stopping the roof midway can mess up the electrical mechanism so a complete new roof is required which is very expensive.
Don't have the Spyder either, but I have had many ragtops and never had any issues with stopping the top part way and then continuing.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Number of threads elsewhere on the roof issue-worst case seems to be that you have to do a hard restart by disconnecting the battery. I just crawl in to do mine. I had the same issue, used Mothers Plastic Polish and it worked perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts