Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted yesterday looking for help on a Nav problem in my 2002 Coupe CC. Thanks to v12gte for the help. My dealer is working on finding the magic code and hopefully I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Unfortunately another, more serious problem, has surfaced.

A couple of weeks ago I went to start my car and after turning the key, I heard one click, and dead. Absolutely every bit of power was out and I figured I had a dead battery. Charged the battery, rehooked everything, car started just fine. For some strange reason, the car alarm also went off. Then had a repeat of the problem the next day. Fixed it the same way and the car alarm went off. I figured I had a slow power drain from somewhere, and looked for what I had done differently over the previous couple of days. I decided it may have been my nav disk slot, where I had removed the disk and thought possibly it was looking for a disk while the car was off. I put in a disk and suddenly all my problems were solved, at least for the next two weeks.

Today, I was at the gas station and after filling the car, the problem arose again. I turned the key, one click and dead. I called a friend for a jump and as he arrived the car's power miraculously came on for about five seconds, just long enough for the car alarm to set off, then everything went out again, except the alarm. Unfortunately, now that everything is dead, the key will no longer turn off the alarm. Quickly, I'm in the trunk turning the master power knob to off in hopes that I can stop the alarm, but to no avail. Everyone sits and stares as I try to figure out why this beautiful car is completely dead with the car alarm blazing. I learned that the alarm will sound for five long minutes before shutting off on it's own. Once the gawkers dissipated, I crossed my fingers and turned the master power knob back to on, and again the power is back. I jump in, turn the key, and this strange car fires up with no problems. Of course, the alarm goes off once more, but my sense of triumph far outweighed any further embarrassement.

I am dreading this trip to the service department as such a intermittent problem may be difficult to diagnose. I've been pleased with my local dealer, but as I found out from yesterday's post, sometimes the people on this board have seen things the dealer has not.

Any help, ideas, or sympathy is greatly appreciated.

Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an update to my problem. Happened again tonight, thankfully in my garage. I realized two things. This has only occured after having my headlights on, but not everytime after I've had my headlights on. Secondly, I've physically disconnected my battery each time it occured before the car started again.

Tonight, I tried to start the car after turning the master power switch off and on, but power never returned. After I physically disconnected and reconnnected the battery, it started right up.

Good news is that at least I can get the car restarted when this happens again.

Any ideas from out members yet?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Something similar happened to me 2 weeks ago. One morning going to work I noticed that the Nav. screen was flashing. I turned the car on and off and left it to go to work and the issue seemed resolved. That evening when I got back home I noticed that the battery was dead. Scary thought, how do you roll the car out of the garage if you left the CC trans in gear 1 or reverse and your battery us dead? Thank God the jump cables reached the battery or you'll have to tow.
Anyways, I recharged the battery and no problems since. I've noticed a few times before though where the nav. screen has remained on after I turned the car off. There seems to be an issue with our Nav. units and a failure to consistently turn off when the key is removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts