Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's battery died a few days ago and I just found out the computer OBD and all the info data stored in it went blank.
I went to get emission test done in 4 places but no luck since all the parameters are gone with the power loss from my battery mishap. I have drove the car up and down I90 and I5 all around Seattle to be able to pass the test and at the end of the day I gave up. I was told to keep driving doing errands and just basically drive forever.
Any of you had this issue? I just cannot register the car in my name because of this and what a bunch of bs having to pass emissions anually; I've sold a bmw that was just tested by emissions and the new owner had to do it again weeks after I did, ripoff government and a shame. I might sound cheap but they are going to far with.
h.

·
Registered
513 Posts
that is a common issue

you need to drive the car for approx 50 miles to restore data in the computer. same thing occured in my Saab

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an '02 CC. I'll take it for a ride tomorrow and if it doesn't pass I have no idea what to do, I did 49 miles today.
Carefull with the door when there is no battery, I almost broke my window, design flaw I would say. Also going to DOL today on my way out started the engine and I had no turn signals so I shut the engine and restarted it as I was waiting for lights to change, the trick worked. I like to share all this with all of you just in case, I'm sure you guys know much more then me.
Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think the engine has to pass through several operating modes a few times (not just more miles) to fill in the ODBII info. You might have to let it cool off then restart and drive some more.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have to drive it more, did another 60 miles today and I'm missing 2 parameters, yesterday at the end of the day I've had 4 missing and more the same day in the morning so I'm on the right path and I hope monday it'll pass and I'll be done with them for a couple years.
Thank you for your help.
h.h.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's actually not a bad problem to have! I wish I could fix all the problems by driving the car!!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts